ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application result without HMRC utr number

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shyamanand

Post by shyamanand » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:34 pm

hi friends,

Has any one got any updates from HO, if you apply with out the UTR number. coz I have applied in January 2011 with only the class 2 NI contribution bill only . I was supposed to get my utr by dec for which I have registered on october but they lost my details and answered they could sent it only by march 2011.

If anyone got any suggestions/ feedbacks pls leave it here. your help much needed and appreciated. it would be helpfull for anyone who fall on my criteria. Its been 4 weeks now I got my letter for biometrics as well. So much frustrated by hmrc. I prepared everythg geniunely upto the mark but this utr let me under lot of stress even though its not my mistake.

Thanks to all.

shyamanand

Post by shyamanand » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:27 am

Anyone who are aware of this kinda situation plz share your experience. will be much usefull for all. plz answer.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:00 pm

YOU will be ok

it take 8-13 weeks to hmrc to give utr

so long as u r registered with hmrc u r fine
CDOKS

sunny!!!

Re: Application result without HMRC utr number

Post by sunny!!! » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:13 pm

shyamanand wrote:hi friends,

Has any one got any updates from HO, if you apply with out the UTR number. coz I have applied in January 2011 with only the class 2 NI contribution bill only . I was supposed to get my utr by dec for which I have registered on october but they lost my details and answered they could sent it only by march 2011.

If anyone got any suggestions/ feedbacks pls leave it here. your help much needed and appreciated. it would be helpfull for anyone who fall on my criteria. Its been 4 weeks now I got my letter for biometrics as well. So much frustrated by hmrc. I prepared everythg geniunely upto the mark but this utr let me under lot of stress even though its not my mistake.

Thanks to all.

Hi,
I called their self employed helpline (0845 915 4515) and asked them to send me my UTR number, as I use it for the legal purposes. They then sent me a simple letter stating my UTR within 7-10 days.
You can request one now and send it to UKBA as a follow up document to your application. (Just a thought)
Also, in terms of proof of Self-employment registration, you can always request NI department in writing to send you the statements of the account, they will then issue you a document which will state the date that you write as a work commencement date in your HMRC registration form.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/individuals/home ... tionss.htm

I hope this is of help, though I am not an expert.
Good luck with your application.

shyamanand

Hi sushil and sunny

Post by shyamanand » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:06 am

Hi Sushil and Sunny

Thank you very much for your response. Plz could you tell me one more thing, If I receive my UTR before HO reply me , can I send them as a follow up document if so whom should I be addressing.

Sushil I got answers from you before as well, your help always relieves lot of pressure, this forum is thankfull to you bro. cheers sunny! keep up good work bro.

sanjeev.x.kumar

Post by sanjeev.x.kumar » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:46 am

As far as you have sent your class 2 NI Bill with your application, you are OK. Either u need to send the UTR number or class 2 NI invoice. dont need both. Read the revised policy guidance which clearly lists out all the documents needed while applying as self employed.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:39 am

Long as you have sent in your class 2 NI Bill with your application, you are in no trouble at all. Take it easy and allow 6 weeks or so :) gud luk x
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

shyamanand

Post by shyamanand » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:17 am

hi sanjeev x kumar annd raxs1983,

Brothers thank you so much. whether I get my visa or not but your answers really boozed me out from the stress I am going through. I am thanking you guys on behalf of all the people who receive help from this forum. Plz continue doing this good work. God bless u more!

Have You or your friends come across any situation like this , just curious to know how you know this (other than point guidelines). cheers

princesunny
Newly Registered

Post by princesunny » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:12 am

Hi

I applied for self employment registration on 21st January 2011, any one know when will i recieve my UTR registration number?

I called HRMC and they said you will receive on 8th of April 2011.

Please reply me. Thanks

sanjeev.x.kumar

Post by sanjeev.x.kumar » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:45 pm

dont worry abt the UTR number. That always takes tme to come.

U can call HMRC at 08459154515 and ask them to send your Class 2 NI Invoice which is for self employment. Class 2 NI invoice comes within 7-10 days. Once you receive your class 2 NI invoice, you dont need your UTR number. The policy guidance has changed from dec 14th when we need to send the UTR number. So, dont waste any more time in chasing HMRC for your UTR number. Chase HMRC for your class 2 NI invoice.

sanjeev.x.kumar

Post by sanjeev.x.kumar » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:46 pm

shyamanand wrote:hi sanjeev x kumar annd raxs1983,

Brothers thank you so much. whether I get my visa or not but your answers really boozed me out from the stress I am going through. I am thanking you guys on behalf of all the people who receive help from this forum. Plz continue doing this good work. God bless u more!

Have You or your friends come across any situation like this , just curious to know how you know this (other than point guidelines). cheers
Yes, my friends applied with just their Class 2 NI invoice, as they also could not get their UTR number on time. They all got their Tier 1 General visa without any issues.

ti_abbasi2002
United Kingdom

Regarding Class 2 NI contribution

Post by ti_abbasi2002 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:01 am

I have sent tax registration form two times by post but both time my form did not reach HMRC(according to HMRC), first in 10 November and then 19 December 2010. I called them number of times and they told me that they will send welcome letter in February because it takes up to 6 weeks to put file in a system. On 14 February 2011, I called them and advisor told me that better to register by phone n she completed my registration. Side by side, I also asked her to send me class 2 NI contribution and she asked me whether I will pay by direct debit or any other method and I have chosen direct debit. When I called them today for confirmation then advisor told me that class 2 NI invoices generates quarterly basis and next paper bill will generate on 8th of April. Is this true what she said and if yes then how can I provide Class 2 NI contribution to UKBA?
Thanks in advance

sanjeev.x.kumar

Post by sanjeev.x.kumar » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:05 am

i dont think so. Just call up 08459154515 and ask them to issue your class 2 NI invoice. I hope you called up the correct HMRC number. They generated the Class 2 NI invoice for my friend just last week and he already received it. Just keep chasing them.

shyamanand

Re: Regarding Class 2 NI contribution

Post by shyamanand » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:42 am

ti_abbasi2002 wrote:I have sent tax registration form two times by post but both time my form did not reach HMRC(according to HMRC), first in 10 November and then 19 December 2010. I called them number of times and they told me that they will send welcome letter in February because it takes up to 6 weeks to put file in a system. On 14 February 2011, I called them and advisor told me that better to register by phone n she completed my registration. Side by side, I also asked her to send me class 2 NI contribution and she asked me whether I will pay by direct debit or any other method and I have chosen direct debit. When I called them today for confirmation then advisor told me that class 2 NI invoices generates quarterly basis and next paper bill will generate on 8th of April. Is this true what she said and if yes then how can I provide Class 2 NI contribution to UKBA?
Thanks in advance
Dear friend,

HMRC real waste amongst all other govt sector. Every time you call you get different answers. Donno how many data profiles they create for an individual. No communication between the self employment helpline and the tax office. They will loose your data as if a child looses his toy hahaha I thought I am the only one whose data was lost but later found couple of my friends too lost their data with hmrc. All they tell you on phone is a rude" DO APOLOGISE" donno why they say tht.

Helpline people confirmed my data was sent twice n also said tax office should be able to get straight away but tax office saying they have not received. One will come round and round and endded up no result . I ended up tracing £75 pounds extra on my phone bill but outcome nothing.

NI 2 bill they can issue without any problem and direct debit I thnk bill comes monthly would be an ideal choice. Dont give up if you dont get what you want try it again bro and when you call next time just tell them you want to apply for ur class 2 NI thats it hope someone there for gods sake sort your problem out.good luck!.

ti_abbasi2002
United Kingdom

Class 2 NI contributions

Post by ti_abbasi2002 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:01 am

I have received direct debit form(which I returned back). Today, I also received NI contributions quarterly bill which is £28.80 ( says : "Arrears owed prior to 9/01/2011"). I am confused because in that bill they wrote " National Insurance Contributions Bill" rather than Class 2 NI Contributions Bill. I think it is OK but just want to confirm from u guys before paying.

Thanks in advance and keep it up. U r doing great job.

shyamanand

Post by shyamanand » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:43 am

hi abbasi2002,

I think it should be fine, just wait for seniors to respond.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:44 am

THIS IS FINE
CDOKS

nand15
Newly Registered

Post by nand15 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:55 pm

sunny!!! wrote:Hi,
I called their self employed helpline (0845 915 4515) and asked them to send me my UTR number, as I use it for the legal purposes. They then sent me a simple letter stating my UTR within 7-10 days.
You can request one now and send it to UKBA as a follow up document to your application. (Just a thought)
Also, in terms of proof of Self-employment registration, you can always request NI department in writing to send you the statements of the account, they will then issue you a document which will state the date that you write as a work commencement date in your HMRC registration form.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/individuals/home ... tionss.htm

I hope this is of help, though I am not an expert.
Good luck with your application.
Does anyone know what the "statements of the account" letter above includes? Has anyone requested this letter? Its just that it takes several weeks to arrive so need to make sure that it is the right document to include as proof of self-employment as per paragraph 138 of the giudance. It sound to me like ni payment information or will they confirm the start date of self-employment and that you are currently registered as self employed?

Thanks everyone for any help.

mskhan

Post by mskhan » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:59 pm

If one register now with HMRC using back date. Will the earnings of those past months be counted as self employed earnings?

Cheers

shyamanand

Post by shyamanand » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:06 am

mskhan wrote:If one register now with HMRC using back date. Will the earnings of those past months be counted as self employed earnings?

Cheers

Yes , as long as your invoices, bank statements, accountant letter reflect each other u should be fine. make sure u go to the regulated accountant . goodluck

For more professional feedback wait for seniors to respond. I am newbie!

teddy0409

"statements of the account"

Post by teddy0409 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:59 am

I have received "statements of the account" last week,

This states the Class 1 NI and Class 2 (Self Employed) NI contribution you have paid so far to HMRC,

This does not state when did you start as Self employed, however it does states the date you started paying Class NI2 contribution, which is obviously your self employment registration acceptance date.

Hope this helps
If Not We, Then Who?