ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 dependent visa for new baby...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jkks
Newly Registered

Tier1 dependent visa for new baby...

Post by jkks » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:09 pm

Hi, I am in UK on Tier1 and my wife with me on Tier1 dependent visa, we are expecting our baby on August 2011. I just wanted to clarify few things with you guys, please could you respond.

1. How soon should I need take Tier1 dependent visa after my new baby born in my home country?

2. I think if my new baby born in UK, still I need to take Tier1 dependent visa. Please confirm?

3. Are there any benefits if my new baby born in UK rather than in my home country?

rgds,
kk

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:12 am

1. Before the baby travels to the UK.
2. If not travelling, then no.
3. See 2. If born in the UK, also easier to obtain British citizenship.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jkks
Newly Registered

Thanks... and one more clarification

Post by jkks » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:23 pm

Thanks for your reply.

1. If my baby born in my home country, then I need to get Tier1 dependent visa to get into UK.

2. If my baby born in UK, then what need to be done to go to my home country and come back to UK? Tier1 dependent visa or something else? Please can you clarify.

rgds,
jkks

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:27 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

jkks
Newly Registered

Post by jkks » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:19 pm

Hi, I believe answer for my 2nd question is 'Tier1 dependent visa', please can you confirm.

rgds,
jkks

r_arun53
Newly Registered

Post by r_arun53 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:47 am

Hi

[color=red]If my baby born in UK, then what need to be done to go to my home country and come back to UK? Tier1 dependent visa or something else? Please can you clarify.
[/color]

You need to obtain your home country passport for your child in UK and then apply for Tier-1 General Dependent Visa within UK.

Note: As long as your child doesn't leave UK you don't need any of these.

jkks
Newly Registered

Post by jkks » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:08 pm

Thanks for the clear explanation.

My Tier1G and my wife's Tier1G dependent visa will be expiring on June 2012 and we are expecting our new baby on August 2011. Would it be fine if I apply the Tier1 G dependent visa for the new baby when we apply for Tier1 G extension (say on Jan 2012)?

If answer for the above question is 'fine', I think I need to use T1G extension application form for myself & for my wife and T1G dependent form for my new baby, please confirm.

Thanx in advance.

jkks

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:59 pm

Correct. See answers to previous questions.

jkks
Newly Registered

Post by jkks » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:22 pm

Thanks for your help Vinny.

I understand from your response that I dont need to take dependent visa for my new baby unless if I want to travel. I am thinking to travel after my T1G extension, so I am sure I should take a dependent visa for my baby but just wanted to confirm that it should be a T1G dependent visa or something else as I am going to apply only for a extension not a fresh application.

rgds,
jkks