ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refusal Tier 1 please Help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saimas
Newly Registered

Refusal Tier 1 please Help

Post by saimas » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:16 pm

s I have received my refusal last night they have questioned my self employment as i have provided two proofs one was accountant letter and one my invoices, they said in refusal that they contacted my accountant to ask wether they are qualified or certified charted accountants my accountant said no they are not either of them on basis of that they have refused the visa. Unfortuantely i was not aware of the fact that they must be qualified or certified and now they have given me the right to apeal can any one help me in this regard what do i have to do now in apeal, shall i maintain same accounts from chartered accountants or what do i have to do please thanks...

and one more thing when i have asked my accountant wether is he qualified he said you have applied for visa on 4th of November 2010 and that rule came out in December in dat correct..?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:42 am

Afaik the rules didn't change - they simply clarified what they meant with qualified in December.

saimas
Newly Registered

Post by saimas » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:49 pm

Well i just came to know that my accountant are not even registerd what to do in this case..they have lied to me..

etrade

Post by etrade » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:57 pm

the best advise i can give ...you better apply fresh case(because you can not change your chartered accountant while applying for administrative review)...as in uk people can apply tier1 general visa till 5th of april 2011. but this time take services of any professional immigration consultant and certified chartered accountant (as this is your last chance to win).....GOOD LUCK

saimas
Newly Registered

Post by saimas » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:28 pm

now i had a proper chat with my accountant he said that they he is member of acca regulating body and charted accountant but the query they received it was wether dere firm is registerd they said no their firm is nt registerd.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Select yr accountant who r eligible and Knowldge of HO work

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:40 am

he need to have licence to practice and valid during yr application period

this happen with in search of cheap accounting and ignorace of applicants

u can still apply or write in detail to help u
CDOKS

saimas
Newly Registered

Post by saimas » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:00 pm

well i had a letter from him dat he is an ACCA with his registration number at da same time the firm itself is not a registerd firm but they have got a counter firm which is registerd as a qualified firm so am not sure wether dis wll be sufficient or they need da firm to be certified what do u think what shall i do in dis case...i cant re apply or submit again ...if i am refused i have to go back..
Thanks to u all who helped me...cheers

prisat
Member of Standing

Re: Refusal Tier 1 please Help

Post by prisat » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:09 pm

saimas wrote:s I have received my refusal last night they have questioned my self employment as i have provided two proofs one was accountant letter and one my invoices, they said in refusal that they contacted my accountant to ask wether they are qualified or certified charted accountants my accountant said no they are not either of them on basis of that they have refused the visa. Unfortuantely i was not aware of the fact that they must be qualified or certified and now they have given me the right to apeal can any one help me in this regard what do i have to do now in apeal, shall i maintain same accounts from chartered accountants or what do i have to do please thanks...

and one more thing when i have asked my accountant wether is he qualified he said you have applied for visa on 4th of November 2010 and that rule came out in December in dat correct..?
If chances are there, then Best bet would be to re-apply mate.
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:12 pm

h e should apologise to u and write a letter TO ho , and get a/cs doe with licensed acctns , u may be fine
CDOKS

saimas
Newly Registered

Post by saimas » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:25 pm

thanks for ur help yes i am gettin legal advice as well they have told me to get a letter from ur accountant i had done so..bt the thing which is worrying me about the firm which itself is not registered bt the counter firm is..bt i can jus hope for the best and try to sort the things out as soon as possible...
but in dis case do u think so if i maintain my accounts from other charterd accountants who are registerd as a chartered firm...

mskhan

Post by mskhan » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:59 pm

There will of no use to hold on to the same accountant in my opinion. It is clear that his firm was not registered.

Now regarding whether u should appeal or re-apply. I know one person whose case was refused on same accounts. He was not aware either of his accountant registration.

He appealed and got another accountant. His appeal was approved and got his visa.

Cheers

saimas
Newly Registered

Post by saimas » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:53 pm

oh thank u...very much ill try to sort this out...thanks once again.

arvinds210
Newly Registered

Post by arvinds210 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:14 pm

If the accountant is a chartered certified accountant and is a member of the recognised bodies (given in the Tie-1 guideline), his / her letter will be acceptable if he / she issues the letter in his / her personal capacity. In this case the membership of he / her firm is immaterial. This has been confirmed by UKBA. I got following reply from them :

"ACCA is on this list of accountancy bodies. Therefore if your accountant is personally a member of this body and provides confirmation of this we can consider the accounts that he has personally prepared and signed off. However if the accounts are presented from a firm that is not registered, then we will not be able to consider them because the firm will not be appropriately regulated. This is to ensure that the documents presented to us as evidence are from a source that it subject to professional oversight and to ensure the quality of the information: