ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Oxford

Marriage Visa

Post by Oxford » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:19 am

Hello All,

I am new in this forum. I have some questions, if somebody can answer those question, that will be appreciated.

I am currently on Highly skilled Visa (Tier 1 General), and I am getting married to a British Citizen. We are getting married in our home country (Pakistan) in traditional wedding ceremony. After coming back, I want to change my status to spouse visa.

- What are the requirements to change my status to spouse visa?
- Can I apply for spouse visa after we come back to UK, or I would have to apply from my home country?
- Our marriage certificate from our home country will be accepted or we still have to register our marriage here in registrar office?

- Is there any other evidence or documents we need to get before we apply?

- If anyone can list the documents required to make spouse visa application, that will be appreciated.

Thank You in Advance

Regard's

KA

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:55 am

After marriage, you have a choice of applying for a spouse visa or returning to the UK on your current Tier 1 (General) leave and switching.

Maintenance and Accommodation and English test required.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Oxford

Post by Oxford » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:32 am

vinny wrote:After marriage, you have a choice of applying for a spouse visa or returning to the UK on your current Tier 1 (General) leave and switching.

Maintenance and Accommodation and English test required.

Thanks for your answer Vinny,

I will probably exercise the second option of switching my Tier 1 General to spouse visa inside the UK.

I am currently working full time and my fiancée have finished her education in 2010 and she is not working at all. Does it really matter if she is not working at all?

I have sufficient funds to support us after marriage, but is there any particular requirement that how much money we should have???

Is there any other document apart from marriage certificate that I need to bring with me (from home country) after marriage?

Documents List:

1. Marriage Certificate.
2. FLR (M) Application form
3. Bank Statements.
4. Accommodation Documents.
5. My passport and my Fiancée Passport.
6. My English language certificate (I have done two masters from UK but bachelor from home country, so i still need to provide English language certificate ) ???

If there is any other document, we need to attach with our application, please advise.

Thank you for your answer in advance

Regard's

KA