ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Qs for Tier 1 General Swiching application from Tier 2 ICT

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

T12011
Newly Registered

Qs for Tier 1 General Swiching application from Tier 2 ICT

Post by T12011 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:39 am

Hello, I am in process of applying for Tier 1(General) [Switching from Tier 2] using the form dated 14-Dec-2010. I have a few Qs and will be highly obliged if I get quick answers on this forum:

1. Page 11, B12: Give details of current or previous Worker Reference Number under Work Permit arrangements. I am switching from Tier 2 ICT. Do I need to mention the COS number? If not, where to find this number?

2. Page 11, B14: Point Based System migrant reference number is needed. Where to find this number? Am I the Point Based System migrant if I have Tier 2 ICT visa?

3. Page 12, B17: Previous Address, is this strictly a UK address? In my case, I came to UK in Oct 2010 and am staying at the current address since then. So should I put my India address in this section?

4. page 21, D11: What is applicant's current migration status?
Should I write 'Tier 2 Migrant (ICT) Established Staff' as written on my visa?

5. Is BRP needed to apply for Tier 1 General (Switching from Tier2)? If yes, do I need to make an appointment before sending my form by post/courier?

6. Is it OK to give a one sided print for both main applicant and dependent form? Or is it madatory to give double sided print?

7. I have only one proof for Qualifications and English Language i.e. my original degree cert. Is that enough?

DEPENDENT Application:

1. Page 30, J26: HSMP Forum? is this applicable to me?

2. Page 31, K1: Maintenance amount for dependent £1600? since I have been here for only about 5 months. pls confirm.

3. Page 31, K3: It is mentioned that 'For overseas accounts, letter from home regulator confirming funds and covering a 3 month period'.
i) Is it OK to show maintenance amount from ICICI Bank in India for both main applicant and dependent?
ii) If yes, do I need a letter as mentioned above? where to get the letter from? I have the original paper statement provided by the ICICI Bank on their staionary.

4. Page 31, K4: First box to be checked? which says A-rated sponsor has confirmed on the COS that they will maintain and accomodate the family member for a month. The current status of my son is Tier 2 Dependent. Pls confirm if this checkbox needs to be checked?

5. Is Police Registration Cert needed?

6. I should put NA where Not Applicable or leave the section blank?

7. Is Covering letter needed for dependent application separately? If yes, could somebody please give me the format for the same?

Sorry for a lengthy post and thanks for your help.

Manas

Re: Qs for Tier 1 General Swiching application from Tier 2 I

Post by Manas » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:50 pm

T12011 wrote:Hello, I am in process of applying for Tier 1(General) [Switching from Tier 2] using the form dated 14-Dec-2010. I have a few Qs and will be highly obliged if I get quick answers on this forum:
Are you sure you are using the latest application form, because the latest Tier(G) application form is the one introduced on and from 23rd December 2010.

Bucephaalus
Newly Registered

I have same questions....

Post by Bucephaalus » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:09 pm

It would be great if someone reply to these...

T12011
Newly Registered

latest application form

Post by T12011 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:49 am

Hi,
Latest application form that I could find on the UKBA site is dated 14-Dec-2010 only... if there is another version available dated 23-Dec-2010, could you pls give me the link for that form?

Also, could somebody reply to my initial list of Qs.. will really appreciate a quick reply..
Thanks!

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Re: Qs for Tier 1 General Swiching application from Tier 2 I

Post by pgaitonde » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:37 am

T12011 wrote:Hello, I am in process of applying for Tier 1(General) [Switching from Tier 2] using the form dated 14-Dec-2010. I have a few Qs and will be highly obliged if I get quick answers on this forum:

1. Page 11, B12: Give details of current or previous Worker Reference Number under Work Permit arrangements. I am switching from Tier 2 ICT. Do I need to mention the COS number? If not, where to find this number?
Normally u get a letter from office confirming your Tier 2 visa (apart from the visa stamped on ur passport). On that there is a title called reference number which you need to use

2. Page 11, B14: Point Based System migrant reference number is needed. Where to find this number? Am I the Point Based System migrant if I have Tier 2 ICT visa?
Not applicable if you are an initial applicant

3. Page 12, B17: Previous Address, is this strictly a UK address? In my case, I came to UK in Oct 2010 and am staying at the current address since then. So should I put my India address in this section?
As mentioned in the form that you have to provide address if you lived at the current address for less than 2 years..in ur case it is true..so mention India's address as its fine..

4. page 21, D11: What is applicant's current migration status?
Should I write 'Tier 2 Migrant (ICT) Established Staff' as written on my visa?
it should be mentioned on the letter provided by Home office or on ur visa which is stamped on ur passport

5. Is BRP needed to apply for Tier 1 General (Switching from Tier2)? If yes, do I need to make an appointment before sending my form by post/courier?
yes you need to apply for BRP and you will receive a letter from UKBA after which you need to book an appointment with them and then give the details and then they would send you the BRP card at ur address mentioned in the form

6. Is it OK to give a one sided print for both main applicant and dependent form? Or is it madatory to give double sided print?
it should be one sided.

7. I have only one proof for Qualifications and English Language i.e. my original degree cert. Is that enough?
provide ur convocation certificate

DEPENDENT Application:

1. Page 30, J26: HSMP Forum? is this applicable to me?
have you applied for HSMP anytime...if not then its not applicable to you

2. Page 31, K1: Maintenance amount for dependent £1600? since I have been here for only about 5 months. pls confirm.
as ur less than 12 months in UK u have to show £1600 in ur account for 3 months continuously

3. Page 31, K3: It is mentioned that 'For overseas accounts, letter from home regulator confirming funds and covering a 3 month period'.
i) Is it OK to show maintenance amount from ICICI Bank in India for both main applicant and dependent?
Dont know..call UKBA helpline and ask
ii) If yes, do I need a letter as mentioned above? where to get the letter from? I have the original paper statement provided by the ICICI Bank on their staionary.
same as above

4. Page 31, K4: First box to be checked? which says A-rated sponsor has confirmed on the COS that they will maintain and accomodate the family member for a month. The current status of my son is Tier 2 Dependent. Pls confirm if this checkbox needs to be checked?
if ur showing 3 months bank statement then K4 is N/A for u

5. Is Police Registration Cert needed?
have you committed any crime then yes..otherwise not

6. I should put NA where Not Applicable or leave the section blank?
leave blank

7. Is Covering letter needed for dependent application separately? If yes, could somebody please give me the format for the same?
i had not provided

Sorry for a lengthy post and thanks for your help.

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Re: latest application form

Post by pgaitonde » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:38 am

T12011 wrote:Hi,
Latest application form that I could find on the UKBA site is dated 14-Dec-2010 only... if there is another version available dated 23-Dec-2010, could you pls give me the link for that form?

Also, could somebody reply to my initial list of Qs.. will really appreciate a quick reply..
Thanks!
The latest form is dated 14 Dec 2010

Manas

Post by Manas » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:19 am

My sincere apologies to you all for confusing you guys regarding the latest TIG application form!! Indeed, it is the 14th Dec edition, which is the latest one. I wanted to mean the latest POLICY GUIDELINES for TIG, which is dated 23rd December 2010!!
[/b]

T12011
Newly Registered

Post by T12011 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:44 am

Thanks so much pgaitonde, for your reply.

One small Q though. I do not have my Convocation Certificate with me, neither the original transcript.. All I have is the Original Degree Cert and the original marksheets (8 of them for all terms). Do you think it's a good idea to enclose the original marksheets?

Also the BRP is to be applied 'AFTER' I post my application, right? Do I need to do anything prior to posting?

Another thing, I have a Natwest Bank account here and their Visa Debit card. Would it be OK to give card details as the guidelines mentions master cast and not visa.. visa is for Credit cards. I called my bank and they say I should check with UKBA.. it's possible that they may have a system that is set only for master card and may not accept Visa.. So it is advisable to use by Visa Debit card for fee payment or just give cheque?

Thanks!

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:50 am

T12011 wrote:Thanks so much pgaitonde, for your reply.

One small Q though. I do not have my Convocation Certificate with me, neither the original transcript.. All I have is the Original Degree Cert and the original marksheets (8 of them for all terms). Do you think it's a good idea to enclose the original marksheets?
I would recommend to get ur degree certified from NARIIC to be on safer side

Also the BRP is to be applied 'AFTER' I post my application, right? Do I need to do anything prior to posting?
Once you post the application you have to do nothing until you receive a letter from UKBA stating that you now need to take an appointment for BRP after which you call on 08706067766 and book an appointment for you and any of ur dependants who are above 6 years old

Another thing, I have a Natwest Bank account here and their Visa Debit card. Would it be OK to give card details as the guidelines mentions master cast and not visa.. visa is for Credit cards. I called my bank and they say I should check with UKBA.. it's possible that they may have a system that is set only for master card and may not accept Visa.. So it is advisable to use by Visa Debit card for fee payment or just give cheque?
i dont know which section are you checking..i just checked section A6 and there is Visa/MasterCard/Amex which you need to tick and then provide your card details accordingly from A10 to A18

Thanks!

T12011
Newly Registered

Post by T12011 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:21 pm

I am looking at para at the end of Page 4 and beginning of Page 5 of the T1 General form which says:

You can pay by any of the following methods:
•Cheque/Bankers Draft
•Postal Order
•Credit Card - Mastercard, Visa (including Electron) or American Express (Amex)
•Debit card - Delta, Maestro** (including Solo)

Mine is a 'Visa' 'Debit Card' and not the Credit card.. am wondering if it would work..

Thanks.

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:24 pm

T12011 wrote:I am looking at para at the end of Page 4 and beginning of Page 5 of the T1 General form which says:

You can pay by any of the following methods:
•Cheque/Bankers Draft
•Postal Order
•Credit Card - Mastercard, Visa (including Electron) or American Express (Amex)
•Debit card - Delta, Maestro** (including Solo)

Mine is a 'Visa' 'Debit Card' and not the Credit card.. am wondering if it would work..

Thanks.
Kindly check what logo u have on ur card...its Visa then you can tick Visa/MasterCard/Amex option. visa debit is part of Visa card..Dont worry..if you are so worried then send a cheque from your account...