ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sure start maternity Grant

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

plum2pudd
Newly Registered

Sure start maternity Grant

Post by plum2pudd » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:45 pm

Havign read the sticky thread on this it appears that a Sure Start Maternity Grant is not included in the list classed as public funds but my understanding is that, even if it were, I could claim as I am a British Citizen and it is my first child. My Russian wife is on the 2 year spouse visa? Why does this document class both Working Tax credits and SSMG as public funds? http://www.medact.org/content/reaching_ ... pril09.pdf

I'm also confused as to whether I have to have a disabiltiy element in my workign tax credit to be eligible or whether the wording "Working Tax Credit where a disability or severe disability element is included in the award" is deliberately obtuse as there is no mention on the SSMG application form of whether the disability element is being claimed.

This whole area seems a minefield and I am concerned (as many on these forums are) at doing anything that may jeopardise my wife's application for ILR in future. Grateful for any advice and thankful for the huge help that these forums are to many like myself!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:56 pm