ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - SET(O) - Dependent 2yrs requirement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imbuser007
Newly Registered

ILR - SET(O) - Dependent 2yrs requirement

Post by imbuser007 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:00 pm

hi,

I need some clarification around Depenedent Settlement on the basis of Tier 1 visa.

My VISA details.
--------------------------
I was
* initially on Work permit for 2 and 1/2 years
* and then switched to Tier 1 Visa and currently on Tier 1 for the last 2 and 1/2 years

I will be completing 5 years soon and will be applying for settlement.

My dependent details
---------------------------
I am married and My wife joined me in UK as Tier 1 dependent.
she is currently in UK.
she will be finishing 1 yr of stay by the time when I get eligibility for ILR.

Questions
-------------
Question 1: Can I apply for ILR for my wife also as a dependent to me along with my application for ILR at the same time?

Question 2: Is there any requirement of minimum years of stay?I cannot see that requirement in the SET(O) application.

appreciate your help.

Thanks many

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: ILR - SET(O) - Dependent 2yrs requirement

Post by geriatrix » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:43 am

imbuser007 wrote:she will be finishing 1 yr of stay by the time when I get eligibility for ILR.

Question 1: Can I apply for ILR for my wife also as a dependent to me along with my application for ILR at the same time?
No.
imbuser007 wrote:Question 2: Is there any requirement of minimum years of stay?I cannot see that requirement in the SET(O) application.
319E(d)

See also Switch wife's dependent visa to spouse ?

regards