ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Out of country Tier 1 Visa extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

indianguy
Newly Registered

Out of country Tier 1 Visa extension

Post by indianguy » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:19 pm

Dear All,

First of all I apologize if I have posted a duplicate thread but I tried to search already existing thread but could not find any with this.

I am currently working in switzerland and have tier 1 visa which was granted in June 2010. I had actually planned to move to UK but could not move because of my job in switzerland and may not be able to move till my tier 1 visa expires.

But I would like to keep my tier 1 visa active and was thinking to apply for an extension when it expires in May 2012.

My question is

a. Is there anything like out of country tier 1 extension. as far as points are concerned I would qualify based on current swiss salary and age and qualification.

b. In case above is not possible, Would it be possible if I move to uk for 2 weeks just when my visa expires and get an extension and come back. I know it is silly question to ask but based on my current situation I think this can be one way.

c. At the moment I am not really bothered about ILR and just want to keep my Tier 1 live so that I can enter UK in case I have to as I do not see possibility of long term visa extension in switzerland.

d. I have been using this tier 1 visa to visit UK frequently and on one of my recent trips I was asked couple of question by immigration officer i.e. why i am not based in uk and what is purpose of my frequent visit. can this be an issue in my future entry to uk on tier 1.

Again apologies for many question but would appreciate if someone here who have been through such situation can help me out.

Many thanks in advance

REgards
IG

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Out of country Tier 1 Visa extension

Post by geriatrix » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:25 am

indianguy wrote:a. Is there anything like out of country tier 1 extension.
No.

regards

T1_Mainframe

Post by T1_Mainframe » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:57 am

indianguy wrote:Dear All,
c. At the moment I am not really bothered about ILR and just want to keep my Tier 1 live so that I can enter UK in case I have to as I do not see possibility of long term visa extension in switzerland.
You joined forum yesterday even though you applied Tier1 in 2010? I see you never helped anyone asking for help in initial visa application.

onsite backup? you have got so much onsite money to waste on tier1 intial visa and extension? sometime, extra cautious approach doesn't work. I know my reply is off track because susmehta has already given best and shortest answer.

wf
Member of Standing

Post by wf » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:41 am

It is my understanding you can come here and apply for the extension, while showing your Swiss income. I am not aware of any requirement that any part of the income has to be earned in the UK.

You could speed things up by applying in person, although there is always a chance they may delay the decision.

wf
Member of Standing

Post by wf » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:44 am

T1_Mainframe wrote:
indianguy wrote:Dear All,
You joined forum yesterday even though you applied Tier1 in 2010? I see you never helped anyone asking for help in initial visa application.
Is there some rule that anybody applying for a Tier 1 has to sign up here first? Besides it being his business whether he does so or not, he may not have even have known of the existence of this forum at that time.

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:48 pm

indianguy wrote:
d. I have been using this tier 1 visa to visit UK frequently and on one of my recent trips I was asked couple of question by immigration officer i.e. why i am not based in uk and what is purpose of my frequent visit. can this be an issue in my future entry to uk on tier 1.

IG
I do not think you can use it for a visit visa and at some point you may have problems
pennyless

pm_prasanth
Newly Registered

Post by pm_prasanth » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:01 pm

extension is meant for only people who are inside UK provided you should show them that you have already using Tier 1 and need extension to continue the job..

often this UKBA changing the rules so we don't know what will happen in 2012... if u are a perm employee of a swiss company, ask transfer and try to move to UK.. i know UBS has offices in UK and swiss..

or else atleast try to enter a year before and get a job soon have all pay checks at least 12 paychecks because earnings are important for extension..

or else they going to introduce new visa type similar to h1B of USA.. So u can enter with Tier1 without out any job offer two or three months ahead ( immigration person should allow you )..get a job and change to Tier 2 using that offer letter... u should find consultants who are ready to do this in 2012.. but who knows ...

spanig
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Visa Extension ( without working in UK at all)

Post by spanig » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:22 am

Hi ,

I am in a unique dilemma. I got my Tier 1 visa on 20th Mar 2011 valid until 20th March 2013. Due ti various reasons , I never took any employment in UK though I entered twice into UK under this VISA for Job search.

During this period , I was deputed outside India by my Indian company. I have earned enough on my payslip to qualify for Tier 1 Visa extension.

I am looking forward to extend my Tier1 and got an appointment on 20th march( Note last day of current visa validity) .

Could someone please help me on the following

a) Since I have not worked at all during the first 2 years of the visa validity and have not earned a single penny in UK , will this be a ground for rejection ?

b) I have both Indian payslip and on site allowance statement . Can I use both for earning section.

c) Since my visa extension appointment is on the very last date on which the current visa is expiring , will this be an ground for rejectio

Thanks
Sambit

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:35 pm

a) No, your extension may not be rejected for this reason.
b) Unsure what an on-site allowance statement is - this sounds like money that you are paid for expenses, in which case, you cannot use this as it's a reimbursement of sorts.

Further to what I said with a), your extension cannot be rejected if you score enough points, however, your current visa might be cancelled before you even get to extending if you try to use it not what it's intended for.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

spanig
Newly Registered

Post by spanig » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:09 pm

mulderpf wrote:a) No, your extension may not be rejected for this reason.
b) Unsure what an on-site allowance statement is - this sounds like money that you are paid for expenses, in which case, you cannot use this as it's a reimbursement of sorts.

Further to what I said with a), your extension cannot be rejected if you score enough points, however, your current visa might be cancelled before you even get to extending if you try to use it not what it's intended for.

Yes , the allowances are paid for expenses. The allowance statement mentions it as perdiem , lumpsum amount , transport etc. Do you think the word perdiem is sufficient for case officer to put this in allowance category

Could you please clarify on the following statement 'your current visa might be cancelled before you even get to extending if you try to use it not what it's intended for' ...Do you mean that since I have not used this VISA at all during last 2 years , case officer might reject extension on the basis of non usage of the VISA.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:32 am

No, based on the fact that you will be seeking entry into the country for something different to the purpose of the visa, your visa may be cancelled. Whenever you enter the country, your visa has to be in line with the purpose of your visit (for example, you cannot come work here on a visit visa and you cannot come study full time on a tier 2 visa).
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

spanig
Newly Registered

Post by spanig » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:56 am

mulderpf wrote:No, based on the fact that you will be seeking entry into the country for something different to the purpose of the visa, your visa may be cancelled. Whenever you enter the country, your visa has to be in line with the purpose of your visit (for example, you cannot come work here on a visit visa and you cannot come study full time on a tier 2 visa).
Hi ,

Do they ask these questions during the extension process. If not , isnt it assumed that you are asking for the extension because you want to work in UK . or Am I missing your point ?

To be specific , In my case , my dilemma is

a) I have not used my VISA at all in last 2 years . Will visa officer take this into account for rejection ?
b) Do you know any previous case where VISA has been rejected on this basis. ?
c) I am paying tax in both India and Sweden . I have the IT return details. Will that not be sufficient to prove that my current perdiem in Sweden is not allowance rather it is part of my salary . I have also the deputation letter from my company suggesting my Salary in Sweden

Thanks
Sambit