ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Own Company Sponsorship and Income

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DoveBill
Newly Registered

Own Company Sponsorship and Income

Post by DoveBill » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:23 am

Hello Good Guys,
I met this forum on google search and have taken sometime to go through and was happy about the FREE support you guys are giving to guys in-need.
I have a question which troubles me.
I am in UK on PSW Visa, and I have a LTD Company which I run on 50% - 50% share with a British, we have office and the business is going on well.

Now we have Tier 2 and 5 License, Can I use the company to sponsor myself, by asking the other Director to issue my license?

I am receiving salary even though I am one of the Directors of the Company. We have Accountant that prepare our Accounts and Play slips. We pay our corporation and income taxes too

DoveBill
Newly Registered

Post by DoveBill » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:03 pm

Quite strange, does mean there's no experience of Tier 2 CoS in a Company the Application has share or is part of.

Can an applicant be issued a CoS in a company that he is a shareholder, if there is a License?

clippedw

Post by clippedw » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:53 am

DoveBill wrote:Quite strange, does mean there's no experience of Tier 2 CoS in a Company the Application has share or is part of.

Can an applicant be issued a CoS in a company that he is a shareholder, if there is a License?
Conditions of leave
The following conditions apply to all Tier 2 categories:
190. You must not own more than 10% of your sponsor’s shares, if the sponsor is a limited company, unless you are applying under Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer);

mt_dilber

Re: Own Company Sponsorship and Income

Post by mt_dilber » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:01 pm

y dont u go for tier 1 ???

DoveBill
Newly Registered

Re: Own Company Sponsorship and Income

Post by DoveBill » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:26 am

mt_dilber wrote:y dont u go for tier 1 ???
Tier 1 is closing down

DoveBill
Newly Registered

Post by DoveBill » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:27 am

clippedw wrote:
DoveBill wrote:Quite strange, does mean there's no experience of Tier 2 CoS in a Company the Application has share or is part of.

Conditions of leave
The following conditions apply to all Tier 2 categories:
190. You must not own more than 10% of your sponsor’s shares, if the sponsor is a limited company, unless you are applying under Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer);
I have 40% presently, If I sell out share to other people, will the time I have 40% be counted? or it will be decided as at time of application

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:09 pm

going just by the wording of the policy... i would presume that at the time of making an app, you must not own more than 10% of a company.

cheers

raoul1987

Post by raoul1987 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:43 pm

arsenal49 wrote:going just by the wording of the policy... i would presume that at the time of making an app, you must not own more than 10% of a company.

cheers
as a tier 2 migrant working for you employer. is there anything to stop you from owning or entering into a partnership to own another company, assuming you carry on with your current job and work for ur sponser to satisfy your visa requirements.
what can you actually do in them 20 works defined as supplementary employement?

got a good opportunity to invest some money but still not sure what can you do in them 20 hours.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:17 pm

no self employment allowed on tier 2