ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delivery of passports

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aix

Delivery of passports

Post by aix » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:24 am

What are the practicalities of the Secure Delivery used by UKPS for delivering passports? More specifically:

* Can the passport be sent to one's work address?
* If not, I take it someone needs to be at home to sign for the passports? Do they have to have an id for each member of the family whose passport is being delivered?

Guidance notes mention that this can vary by post code, so please mention which part of the country your experience relates to.

basis

Post by basis » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:41 am

AFAIK - It cant be delivered to work address. I asked for it and they said they use by default the residential address mentioned in the application.

In my case I called the UKPS. They gave me the number of courier company and the tracking number. I then contacted the delivering agency. They told me that they must deliver it to residence first and then once that is marked as 'failed' in their system they can route it to alternate address. I provided them my work address immediately.

As expected it bounced from my resi address and then next day they delivered to my work address. Didn't ask any id proof etc. even for self.

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:29 pm

i had alsmost the same experience

i had a "failed" delivery at my residence and got it re delivered to my work address.

buty i am not sure if there is any point in going for the secure delivery

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:58 am

rogerroger wrote:buty i am not sure if there is any point in going for the secure delivery
I can't find anywhere on the form that enables one to opt in or out of secure delivery, except for the supporting documents, which are returned separately, normally by post.
I would have thought that - for people on this board, particularly - there would be every reason to go for secure delivery of the supporting documents - in many cases they could be quite difficult to replace...
My only reservation is that if they're using the same company that has been failing to achieve first-time delivery of my credit cards for some years, I'm not sure that my blood pressure is ready to take the stress of dealing with them again!
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

lemess
Member of Standing

Post by lemess » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:30 am

Passports are only delivered by secure delivery . here is no option to choose any other means.

The secure delivery option on the passport form relates to the return of supporting documents not the passports.

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:58 am

oh that is the confusion

i had applied for secure delivery, but my supporting documents were still sent non secure.

that is why i thought that it is the british passport which has the option, the other documents are just sent non-secure

mhunjn

Post by mhunjn » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:01 pm

As mentioned previously the "optional" 'secure delivery' in the forms is only for the supporting documents. That's what they charge £3 for.

If these weren't sent by secure delivery inspite of paying for that, you 'could' complain... though not much point if you have got them back already.