ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiancée Visa - Multiple Entry?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Enquirer77

Fiancée Visa - Multiple Entry?

Post by Enquirer77 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:56 pm

I am pleased to say that my Uzbekistani fiancée and her son have received their 6 month settlement visa this week and will come to the UK soon so that we can get married. Many thanks to this forum, especially John, for its advice and the information about producing a folder of evidence for the visa application at the emabssy.

Can anyone tell me if the 6 month fiancée visa is a multiple entry visa? My fiancée will be making at least one return trip to Uzbekistan to collect her son at a later date and the embassy have said this is fine, but how many entries are allowed? I appreciate the need for us to be settled in the UK and I am not talking about long periods outside the UK, maybe just a short holiday.

Also, does she need to make a legalised copy of her birth certificate before coming to the UK? Certainly it was a requirement at the British embassy in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, for her VAF2 application and they have retained this copy.

ppron747
inactive

Re: Fiancée Visa - Multiple Entry?

Post by ppron747 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:32 pm

Enquirer77 wrote:Also, does she need to make a legalised copy of her birth certificate before coming to the UK? Certainly it was a requirement at the British embassy in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, for her VAF2 application and they have retained this copy.
I'd say that there are almost certain to be occasions where your fiance will need to produce her birth certificate, and bearing in mind that Tashkent is a bit further away than your local registry office - if the original goes astray - I'd be inclined to bring 2 or 3 copies, starting with the one that the Embassy in Tashkent are holding! It wasn't a present. They might like to take a photocopy for their records, but the original is your fiance's personal property, and IMO she should ask for it back, or insist on a written explanation as to why they're retaining it...
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:56 pm

Enquirer, that is brilliant news! Many congratulations to you and your fiancée! Have a long and happy life together in the UK.

Fiancée visas are most certainly multi-entry and there is no problem the person leaving the UK and then re-entering, but not after the stated expiry date of course!

Birth certificate? What did the embassy retain? The original or just the translation into English? In any case I think your fiancée should come to the UK with her birth certificate and also a translation of that into English. It is no doubt easier to get that translation done in Uzbekistan rather than in the UK.

The same applies to her son ... birth certificate and translation of it into English required. Also, as regards the son ... already at school? Documents showing his progress in school? Also translation into English.

And health matters! Again particularly as regards the son, a record of any inoculations he has had, and when? That will prove very useful once he is on the UK.

[Edit: Looking back at previous topics I see the son is 12 years old. Certainly ensure that a copy of at least the latest school report is obtained, and if possible the relevant parts translated into English.]
John

Enquirer77

Post by Enquirer77 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:58 pm

Many thanks for the congratulations!

I believe it is just the legalised (translated) copy of the birth certificate that the embassy has retained. If they wont return it (and we'll ask for it back again), we will have to pay for another copy. It is a good suggestion to get more copies of the original certificate made too.

I was thinking that the son's school record should also be translated into English. We will also get a translation of the medical history (innoculations) and an extra copy of the son's birth certificate.

All the best!!