ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success - WP - PEO Croydon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manas_datta
Newly Registered

ILR Success - WP - PEO Croydon

Post by manas_datta » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:38 pm

Just thought I'd share my experience with anyone planning to apply - it'll help you calm your nerves.

My case was straightforward - 5 years on a Work Permit (Oct 2005 to 2010) with the usual leaves for holidays etc. during that period.

Staff at PEO Croydon were fine, no unnecessary questions or scrutiny of anything!

The only documents they looked at were my P60s, my letter from employer, letter confirming passing the KOL, and bank statements for 6 months. And of course the passport!

The "interview" lasted about 2 minutes, and I actually got my passport back in about 30-40 minutes. My appointment was at 3pm, I was out by 4:30.

Anyway - long story short, use your common sense to adhere to the rules and make a clear case. If you don't have originals of something, TRY to get them, very few things are difficult to get duplicates of.

All the best to everyone applying for their ILR!!!

rajathwp

Post by rajathwp » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:46 pm

Many Congrats .... Did you have any gaps in VISA stamping ( i mean first WP expired and renewal stamping ).

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:14 pm

congrats.....Have u been asked for all 5 yrs P60's or you just submitted all 5 yrs p60's?

Staminka
Newly Registered

Post by Staminka » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:53 pm

Manas_datta, congratulations!
Can i ask how many days of absence did you have? Have you taken any unpaid holidays? Ive got 19 days of unpaid holidays and slightly worry about it, although i've been out of the UK under 180 days in total