ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General application refused

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

achin2510
Newly Registered

Post by achin2510 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:37 pm

Hi all,

Got my passport back.

Was so so disappointed to see the refusal-notice inside it.

The refusal was made on 6th Jan 2011 and they have sent the passport back on 8th Feb 2011.

The reason for refusal is "Vellore District Cooperative bank is not regulated by the Reserve Bank of India "

So, I called up the bank manager and he says that they are run by Reserve Bank of India-RBI and they have RBI-License also.

Iam not sure what can i show them as proof and whom had they referred to conclude the way they did.

Iam eligible for AR but clueless on what to do.

Any suggestins ppl.

sonu1983
Newly Registered

Post by sonu1983 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:59 pm

Am so sorry for your refusal but not worry just go for appeal.

Why dont you get a letter from Vellore bank regarding the same that they approved under RBI.

All the best!!!

achin2510
Newly Registered

Post by achin2510 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:24 pm

@ sonu, thanks for your reply !!!

They ve clearly mentioned that iam eligible only for an Administrative review and i cant opt for an Appeal.

For an AR, i should nt provide any additional docs and they have retained all my originals except for the passport.

So, iam planning to write in the Admin review form the following :

1. RBI License number of the Cooperative bank
2. Whom should the contact in order to confirm that my bank is licensed by RBI

What do u all say ?????
I dont think i have any other options.

And @ sonu, All the best for your visa !! Hope you come up with a good news tomo !!!!!

sonu1983
Newly Registered

Post by sonu1983 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:27 pm

That sounds perfect. Try your luck . Am sure definitely you will get your visa soon.

Thanks for your wishes, hoping for the best!!

chandu1234

about Vellore District Cooperative bank

Post by chandu1234 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:08 pm

To achin2510,

i think with the name "[b]Vellore District Cooperative bank[/b]" there is no bank in RBI.

I found that "Vellore Coop Town Bank Ltd" is listed in the RBI.

so please check once again with the RBI and if is listed then get the circular copy from the Cooperative bank.

chandu1234

The reason for refusal is "Vellore District Cooperative

Post by chandu1234 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:32 pm

The reason for refusal is "Vellore District Cooperative bank is not regulated by the Reserve Bank of India "

yeah its right. RBI NOT regulated ALL DCCB's directly, there is no guarantee for money.

But only to start/run a DCCB then RBI license is required.

Once they got RBI license then they can start functionality. But RBI never regulated ALL these cooperative banks, when any reports comes on that cooperative bank then they cancel or handover that cooperative bank to their custody to verify the fraud. SO ONLY SOME DCCBS ARE REGULATED BY RBI.

PLEASE CHECK IS THIS COOERATIVE BANK IS REGULATED BY RBI, DONT CHECK FOR LICENSE. EVERY COOPERATIVE BANK MUST HAVE LICENCE.

lak_anu
Newly Registered

Administrative Review

Post by lak_anu » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:23 pm

Hi ,

They have asked me to send the review forms by means of registered courier. Will they update the website once they receive the courier.how will we know if the courier has reached them.

Thanks
lak

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:26 pm

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Administrative Review

Post by geriatrix » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:28 pm

lak_anu wrote:Hi ,

They have asked me to send the review forms by means of registered courier. Will they update the website once they receive the courier.how will we know if the courier has reached them.

Thanks
lak
AR is not a visa application, so the VAC website will not reflect any status. Whether the AR forms have been delivered or not should be checked with the courier company / their website!

regards

achin2510
Newly Registered

Post by achin2510 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:55 am

Dear all,

Got my T1G rejected on 11th Feb.

I have shown my funds from a Cooperative bank and the BHC has rejected stating that " the cooperative bank is not regulated by the Reserve Bank of India -RBI".

I approached the RBI directly and got clarified from them that they regulate the Cooperative Bank in which i have shown my funds.

I got a letter from RBI stating that " RBI regulates the so-and-so Cooperative bank according to the Banking Regulation act 1949 "

I have submitted the same along with my Administrative Review Form on 17th Feb.

I dont understand on what basis they had rejected my application.

Its really frustrating. Had to wait for two months for thier refusal. And iam not sure what are they gonna come up with in 28 days.

I dint get any reply from the BHC. as a token of acknowledgement on receiving my AR form. What will they normally do ?

Moderators, senior ppl, what do you guys think ? Should i email them asking for the status.

What if they reject it again for any silly reasons like this ?
Will i be eligible for the Admin review again ?

They are really playing with our patience.

tier1gnrl

Hey

Post by tier1gnrl » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:26 pm

Hey

Don't worry.. You are safe.
If the Bank is regulated by RBI and if that was the only concern they had + you have send them the necessary documentation stating it is regulated by RBI do not worry you should get through!

All the very best for the same. And do post the positive result as and when you get it :) Stay Positive..

achin2510
Newly Registered

Post by achin2510 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:45 am

Hey @ tier1gnrl ,

thanks a lot for your positive reply !!!

But Iam worried considering what would happen if they would dig in further and find out some other issues with my application and again reject it for some other silly reason. And it that happens I wont be eligible for another Admin Review and I should go for an Appeal which will take time and would spoil my plans.

Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best ..

achin2510
Newly Registered

AR got refused

Post by achin2510 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:38 am

Hi all,

I recently applied for an Admin review. This is what i got as a reply from UKBA :

I note you have now submitted additional documents but I am unable to consider them as you have not been refused for deception.

Even if I accept that the Vellore District Central Co-operative Bank is regulated by the Reserve Bank of India, I could not accept the documents you submitted because you did not submit original documents and attested copies are not acceptable.

I am satisfied no error was made by the ECO, therefore the points awarded stand.

Am i eligible for a review ? They ve not mentioned it anywhere in the refusal-email.

Clueless, shattered and fed up with UKBA.

Ppl, it will be really helpful if i could get your suggestions.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:39 pm

Unfortunately, end of the road.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

achin2510
Newly Registered

Post by achin2510 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:31 pm

Do i have any rights to appeal ????

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:42 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ram80
United Kingdom

Post by ram80 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:49 am

Achin2510, I feel you should ask for legal help.

If you want to, I can suggest someone who will be able to help you if you are prepared to shell out a few hundred GBP.

I was in a similar position and after being refused both my initial application and admin review, I got a good lawyer who helped me get my Entry Clearance. PM me your email ID and I will let you know how you can get help.