ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Application -Help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

osterly
United Kingdom

Passport Application -Help

Post by osterly » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:15 am

HI All,

i got my ceremony booked for mar 02 i need to fill the passport meanwhile i do remember that i need counter sign by some one who is professional (doct,Act Etc....) in the past i used my friend who is director of ltd co (IT consultant) for my daughter passprt ,with British passport so shall i use same person for my application ....

2) iam hoping to get my passport second week of march iam planning to travel after getting it so can i travel upward with my current passport (indian) and use the British passport return journey ..and do the surrender stuff once iam bak coz i can't wait till i get PIO or OCI now ...

Thank you
osterly

ukpl

Re: Passport Application -Help

Post by ukpl » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:50 pm

osterly wrote:i got my ceremony booked for mar 02 i need to fill the passport meanwhile i do remember that i need counter sign by some one who is professional (doct,Act Etc....) in the past i used my friend who is director of ltd co (IT consultant) for my daughter passprt ,with British passport so shall i use same person for my application ....
there is nothing against using the same countersignee for you and your daughter

However, you CAN'T fill in the passport form before being naturalised.
IF you do this, be sure your countersignee do not date his signature with date earlier than 02 March.
Asking him for signing with future date though is also not quite right.

senthil78
Member of Standing

Post by senthil78 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:27 pm

osterly wrote:HI All,

2) iam hoping to get my passport second week of march iam planning to travel after getting it so can i travel upward with my current passport (indian) and use the British passport return journey ..and do the surrender stuff once iam bak coz i can't wait till i get PIO or OCI now ...

Thank you
osterly
You can travel by your indian passport, but you need to pay fine when you surrender your indian passport (I think 10000 indian rupees per use upto 50000). I would suggest you to surrender your indian passport and apply tourist visa at the same time, probably it will take less than 2 weeks if you apply in person. Apply PIO or OCI after you return to the UK.

osterly
United Kingdom

Post by osterly » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:20 pm

HI

senthil can just attend ceremony and travel to india comeback and apply British passport

is that ok to avoid fine

thank you
senthil78 wrote:
osterly wrote:HI All,

Thank you
osterly
You can travel by your indian passport, but you need to pay fine when you surrender your indian passport (I think 10000 indian rupees per use upto 50000). I would suggest you to surrender your indian passport and apply tourist visa at the same time, probably it will take less than 2 weeks if you apply in person. Apply PIO or OCI after you return to the UK.