ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Distance Education & Job Experience

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ujao9
Newly Registered

Distance Education & Job Experience

Post by ujao9 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:06 pm

Hello All,

I am planning to apply for HSMP Visa. I already had been to UK for 1 year on work permit from my company. I am having 5 years of experience in computers & IT filed.
I did my BSC in year 2000 after that I started doing job and after three years simultaneously I also stared doing my Master Degree from Open University (Distance Education) which was completed in year 2005.
So please advice that HSMP team will award me full points for my Masters Degree (from distance education) as well as my 5 years of Job experience???

Thanks & Regards,
Anuj

otun

Post by otun » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:50 am

Distant or not I believe they will access you base on the curriculum of your degree. try your luck

cheers

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Distance Education & Job Experience

Post by pantaiema » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:20 pm

It does not matter whether you get your degree by distance learning or traditinal learning. What is important here is that whether the course/university is recognised in the UK. For example, if you get your degree from "Open University UK" which is certainly acquired by distance learning you will cfor sure get point on education as it is a recognised course in the UK.

Pantaiema
ujao9 wrote:Hello All,

I am planning to apply for HSMP Visa. I already had been to UK for 1 year on work permit from my company. I am having 5 years of experience in computers & IT filed.
I did my BSC in year 2000 after that I started doing job and after three years simultaneously I also stared doing my Master Degree from Open University (Distance Education) which was completed in year 2005.
So please advice that HSMP team will award me full points for my Masters Degree (from distance education) as well as my 5 years of Job experience???

Thanks & Regards,
Anuj