ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

be careful with the Bank statements you send

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ruebabe
Newly Registered

be careful with the Bank statements you send

Post by ruebabe » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:55 pm

hello, i dont mean to scare you but just be careful with the bank statements you send especially if they are not originals.as you know these days banks refuse to stamp print outs. i send my application on the 13th and gave my biometrics on the 28th of jan. for my statements i had send a printed bank statements from the bank with the logo on it and a bank letter authenticating the statements.the bank letter was on letter headed paper with bank address and had a bank stamp and signature. the other print outs were not stamped.

today i received an email from home office asking for original bank statement or stamped printouts as the ones i had send were not acceptable. I am grateful i got a chance to re-send but one might not get the chance so be careful esp if you do online banking.

cheers

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:09 pm

Yes you are surely a lucky man to have a second chance.

Any way thanks for updating the thread and best of luck with your application.

jlewisunh

Re: be careful with the Bank statements you send

Post by jlewisunh » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:00 am

ruebabe wrote:hello, i dont mean to scare you but just be careful with the bank statements you send especially if they are not originals.as you know these days banks refuse to stamp print outs. i send my application on the 13th and gave my biometrics on the 28th of jan. for my statements i had send a printed bank statements from the bank with the logo on it and a bank letter authenticating the statements.the bank letter was on letter headed paper with bank address and had a bank stamp and signature. the other print outs were not stamped.

today i received an email from home office asking for original bank statement or stamped printouts as the ones i had send were not acceptable. I am grateful i got a chance to re-send but one might not get the chance so be careful esp if you do online banking.

cheers
so basically one must make sure that EVERY page of documentation pertaining to the bank must be stamped. not simply the letter, but the print outs with transaction history also.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:14 am

plan ahead guys....

banks take 5-8 days to send your statements on your address which bypass all this confusion.....

i know sometimes its impossible but... i remember when i asked for statement at my bank(uni branch), the guy, somewhat rudely, said to me its going to take atleast 5 days to reach you and went on to say "you should have thought about it earlier and requested statements earlier". i was like... calm down.. im in no hurry 5 days suits me fine...... he just assumed my next question was gonna be "can u do it any faster".. he gathered it was for visa purposes without me even saying that!.....lol

just remembered that after seeing this thread