ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 (General) Self-employment verification.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

darth_ash
Newly Registered

Tier-1 (General) Self-employment verification.

Post by darth_ash » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:46 pm

Hello,

I'm currently on a Tier-2 and have been in UK for a year; I'm planning to apply for tier-1 general visa. As I'm falling short of points in the earnings department, I had picked-up 2 projects in India to show earnings via self-employment last month for which I will get paid by mid-feb. upon their completion. Also the contract with my current employer in the UK expires by end of March after which I will have to leave the UK. I'm currently planning to apply with a same day premium service via a solicitor by the 1st week of March.
I wanted to know, what are the chances that visa-application goes for further verification, and if so what are chances my passport being returned before I have to leave the UK by the end of March?

Any other advise is most welcome.

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:16 am

Usually Ukba is keeping the same day applications now a days for further verification is there is any self employed earnings are there.

But don,t worry if your application goes in a queue for further checks than you will be legal in the uk until you got decision on you application.I mean you don,t have to leave the uk until your application is decided.

Good Luck

darth_ash
Newly Registered

Post by darth_ash » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:22 am

Thanks for your prompt reply, AUHS.

Missed another query in my previous message:
For the self-employment earnings; Will the fact that my clients transfer my fee to my UK bank account rather than my Indian one carry extra weightage for my visa-application, or is the location of my bank-account irrelevant?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:29 am

darth_ash wrote:Will the fact that my clients transfer my fee to my UK bank account rather than my Indian one carry extra weightage for my visa-application, or is the location of my bank-account irrelevant?
Irrelevant.

regards

mskhan

Post by mskhan » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:30 pm

Hi,

Could you please also guide me if the "month of work" carried out will count or the "month of amount credited" in the bank?

For example: If the work was done in the month of May and amound credited in the month of June. What will be the month of my earning? May or June.

Please reply.

Cheers

jijo
Newly Registered

Re: Tier-1 (General) Self-employment verification.

Post by jijo » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:16 pm

Hi ,

Did you get any slot for Premium Service. I am also in same condition and I am expecting my salary will be qualified by Mar 10.

Please share your exp.. and did u get your Visa through?

cheers,
Mani

darth_ash wrote:Hello,

I'm currently on a Tier-2 and have been in UK for a year; I'm planning to apply for tier-1 general visa. As I'm falling short of points in the earnings department, I had picked-up 2 projects in India to show earnings via self-employment last month for which I will get paid by mid-feb. upon their completion. Also the contract with my current employer in the UK expires by end of March after which I will have to leave the UK. I'm currently planning to apply with a same day premium service via a solicitor by the 1st week of March.
I wanted to know, what are the chances that visa-application goes for further verification, and if so what are chances my passport being returned before I have to leave the UK by the end of March?

Any other advise is most welcome.

amit14nov
Newly Registered

Post by amit14nov » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:03 am

Hi,

I also did freelancing to compensate for the deficient earning points. I had submitted my application via same day at PEO croydon on 10th Feb. I was expecting result the same day. My solicitor received a letter stating the application is valid and has been sent for further enquiries. Fingers crossed, awaiting decision. worried at the moment as my visa expires on 7th march. will keep posted on progress.

regards,
Amit

sola123
Newly Registered

Delay in Tier(General)Visas

Post by sola123 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:22 pm

Pls can som1 call ukba if i apply through PEO Officer bcos it is taking longer nw.ds is the fifth week nw?thnks

Terenze
BANNED

Post by Terenze » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:00 pm

Hi darth_ash, amit14nov,

Any updates to your applications?

Cheers!