ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Dependent Visa Q&A

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chandu1234

Tier 1 General Dependent Visa Q&A

Post by chandu1234 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:34 am

Guys,

Please post ALL Dependent visa related Questions. I will try to full fill all.

chandu1234

MOST COMMON MISTAKES

Post by chandu1234 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:45 am

Most of the visas are rejecting due to

1)MAINTENANCE FUNDS Documents mismatch,false statements,Not following Home office guidelines for Maintenance funds
2)Funds in NON Nationalized Banks
3) Don't know the rules about Fixed Deposit Rules and regulations required for UKBA
4)Wrong Exchange rate calculation
4) Don't know the Self Employment rules and regulations
5)Filling Application form wrongly

write2paras
Newly Registered

Post by write2paras » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:07 pm

Hello Mr. chandu
I have a question regarding my wife and daughter;s tier 1 dependent visa application.
I am in UK for last one month on tier 1 (general) work permit and working here permanent full time since I came here ( 18th Jan). I got my visa in July'10 but valid from sept-10 to sept-12.
Now in my case how much fund I need to show for my wife and daughter's application.
1. Is it £ 3200 ( 1600x2) or Is it £4000 ( 1600x2+800 for my self)?
2. I dont have £ 800 for my self for last three month, Is there any other way if I need to show £ 4000. can I show letter from my current company for £ 800?
Thanks for your reply
Paras

chandu1234

Post by chandu1234 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:27 am

Paras,

you should maintain 2X1600+800. There is no alternative for this. Don confuse with this. This is mandatory.

UKBA anywhere never mention clearly about Main applicant funds,But in the guidelines they have given one example, in that they mentioned 800 for Main Applicant.

UKBA WONT ACCEPT any letters from Company regarding Funds maintenance.
You can show Fixed Deposits as Funds, but you should get a letter from Bank that FD can withdraw at any time (No LOCKING PERIOD AT ALL). Otherwise FD's wont treat as maintenance funds.

rakshu_hs
Newly Registered

Post by rakshu_hs » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:22 pm

Hi,

I am planning to apply for Tier-1 Dependent VISA , MY husband already has a Tier -1 General and is in India itself.

I am planning to show the maintenance funds as following:
1. 3700GBP from my husbands account (HDFC Bank)
2. 500GBP from my bank account (SBI)
3. 400 GBP from a Fixed Deposit (Cash Certificate Scheme) which is in my name in a District Co-operative bank. This bank is approved by RBI and is is listed in the follwing link of RBI Website
[url]http://rbidocs.rbi.org.in/rdocs/Content ... ctcoop.pdf[/url]

I am attaching the following letter as a supporting doc along with the original FD:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To whomsoever it may concern.

Subject: Confirmation of Fund Maintenance 

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is to certify that Mrs. XXX ,w/o.YYY is having a fixed deposit for Rs. which is equivalent to approximately GBP(exchange rate as specified on oanda.com: 0.01348)with us since  XX dated

The certified amount is deposited under the scheme KALPATARU CASH CERTIFICATE which is a Fixed Term Deposit scheme by DCC bank.

The details of the Fixed Deposit are as follows :
FDR Number :
NAME OF THE FDR HOLDER:
FD Amount :
FD Issue Date :
FD Due date :

We confirm that balance amount in this FDR has been XXX INR since AA/BB/CCtill current date . This FDR can be encashed immediately on demand by the applicant. This FDR is under auto Renewal Scheme. 

This certificate is issued on the specific request if the account holder and at no risk and cost to the issuing officer of the bank 

Yours truly 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you please let me know whether this is fine or is there anything missing ???

Cheers

chandu1234

Post by chandu1234 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:25 pm

rakshu_hs,

Don't apply it as it like your visa will reject.

3. 400 GBP from a Fixed Deposit (Cash Certificate Scheme) which is in my name in a District Co-operative bank. This bank is approved by RBI and is is listed in the follwing link of RBI Website
[url]http://rbidocs.rbi.org.in/rdocs/Content ... ctcoop.pdf[/url]

UKBA wont accept Funds in Cooperative Banks. Cooperative BANKS are registered under RBI, but these are not regulated by the RBI.

smk2011
Newly Registered

Post by smk2011 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:39 am

Hi All,

I am in Tier 2 (ICT) and I am in UK.
My wife is with Tier 2 dependent and she is India now.

If I apply for Tier 1 (General) will my wife's Tier 2 dependent get cancelled? Cant she come to UK until tier 1 dependent is applied?

Kindly help me here or let me know some link which tells this details.

Thanks,
SMK

rakshu_hs
Newly Registered

Post by rakshu_hs » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:48 am

@ Chandu: can you please confirm this ? I have my appointment to apply for VISA on 16th Feb. I am told by the bank that it is not completely regulated by RBI however since it comes under the banking regulations act of 1949, it is considered as a Regulated Bank.

Do you thinking having this mentinoed in the letter from bank would be of any help ? ALso do you know of any examples where in it was not considered ?
Any info on this would be of great help as I am just 3 days away from applying the application !!!

chandu1234

Post by chandu1234 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:20 pm

rakshu_hs,

Don't apply, i have seen lot of examples in this same forum. ALL are rejected due to the same problem..COOPEATIVE Banks are not regulated by the RBI.

UKBA never consider your letter from BANK...But they will consider the letter from RBI,but RBI wont issue like letters.

please go for to other alternative.

Laraymazal
Newly Registered

dependent visa

Post by Laraymazal » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:13 pm

hello mr chandu
i am from pakistan and i got my HSMP letter in feb 2008 but my visa got rejected twice before i got my visa stamped in may 2009 after review...Though i had HSMP letter but my visa was stamped as Tier-1 general....now i am going to apply for my wife and 17 month old son next month...
my question is whether i will have to submit visa fee for tier-1 general which is much more then fee for HSMP....
and whether i will have to use VAF 10 form?

Regards

rakshu_hs
Newly Registered

Post by rakshu_hs » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:18 pm

@ Chandu: Thanks for the inputs.. you could potentially save my 56k :)

Anyway I do have a attested photocopy of the letter from RBI which was given from the manager of District Co-operative Bank which states the following

RBI
Rural Planning and Credit Department , Regional Office Bangalore

License No. XXXX
In exercise of the powers conferred on the RBI by Section 22 readh with Section 56(o) of the Banking Regulation Act 1949, The Chickmagalur District co-operative Central bank .... is hereby granted a license to carry on banking business in India

Undersigned by the General Manager RBI

Would this suffice or do you know of anyone who could give a confirmation on the same ?

mady123
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa queries

Post by mady123 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:55 pm

Hi Chandu,

I moved to UK around 50 days ago on Tier-1 general visa and recently I got a contract job.

Now I'm thinking to apply for dependent visa to my wife and have some queries around it.

1. Since I started working from last week, so I cont submit any payslips. is it ok ?

2. Can we submit proof for maintenance funds from 2 different bank accounts(mine and my wife's)? and how much we should show - (1600 + 800) or (1600 + 2800) pounds?

Thanks in advance.

Mady

chandu1234

Post by chandu1234 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:45 pm

smk2011,

as long as you are on tier2 visa there is no problem..i.e you should enter into UK on tier2 and working on tier2 only.

even if you switch into tier1, if you working on tier2 visa then there is no problem

chandu1234

Re: dependent visa

Post by chandu1234 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:46 pm

[quote="Laraymazal"]hello mr chandu
i am from pakistan and i got my HSMP letter in feb 2008 but my visa got rejected twice before i got my visa stamped in may 2009 after review...Though i had HSMP letter but my visa was stamped as Tier-1 general....now i am going to apply for my wife and 17 month old son next month...
my question is whether i will have to submit visa fee for tier-1 general which is much more then fee for HSMP....
and whether i will have to use VAF 10 form?

Regards[/quote]

you should user vaf10 and you need to pay the same fee for tier1 g.Because you are Tier1 G.

chandu1234

Re: Dependent Visa queries

Post by chandu1234 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:57 pm

[quote="mady123"]Hi Chandu,

I moved to UK around 50 days ago on Tier-1 general visa and recently I got a contract job.

Now I'm thinking to apply for dependent visa to my wife and have some queries around it.

1. Since I started working from last week, so I cont submit any payslips. is it ok ?

ITS OKAY,But its better at least you should submit your contract letter and bank statement for you weekly/monthly salary credit.

2. Can we submit proof for maintenance funds from 2 different bank accounts(mine and my wife's)? and how much we should show - (1600 + 800) or (1600 + 2800) pounds?

Its better you should maintain in one bank, If you maintain two banks you should clearly mention in covering letter,UKBA will get confusion (because its not straight forward)

If you are going to apply after 3 mnths then it is 1600+800
If you are going to apply now then it is 1600+2800 (not mandatory....for safe side..some cases were got rejected...UKBA treat even if you are not in india,but your staying in UK is less than to earn money to protect for dependents)

suppose if you are staying in uk for 2 months...then they will calculate how much you can save not equal = to maintain dependents

Thanks in advance.

Mady[/quote]

PLEASE FIND MY INLINE COMMENTS

chandu1234

Post by chandu1234 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:03 pm

[quote="rakshu_hs"]@ Chandu: Thanks for the inputs.. you could potentially save my 56k :)

Anyway I do have a attested photocopy of the letter from RBI which was given from the manager of District Co-operative Bank which states the following

RBI
Rural Planning and Credit Department , Regional Office Bangalore

License No. XXXX
In exercise of the powers conferred on the RBI by Section 22 readh with Section 56(o) of the Banking Regulation Act 1949, The Chickmagalur District co-operative Central bank .... is hereby granted a license to carry on banking business in India

Undersigned by the General Manager RBI

Would this suffice or do you know of anyone who could give a confirmation on the same ?[/quote]

HEY rakshu_hs,

"The Chickmagalur District co-operative Central bank .... is hereby granted a license to carry on banking business in India"

WHICH STATES ITS GRANTED LICENSE ONLY(there is no point anywhere regulation ,Section 56(o) of the Banking Regulation Act 1949 is for give licenses to banks).So it wont useful for you.

high_aimer

Maintanance funds question

Post by high_aimer » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:38 pm

Hi all,

I wanted to clarify one point related to the maintanance funds of Tier 1 General dependant.

If some body had been in the UK for 4 years (2 on Student + 2 on PSW) before they recently got the Tier 1 general visa. Now if he wants to apply for his wife's visa, who is abroad at the moment, how much funds does he need to show?? £1600 + £800 or £533 + £800?

chandu1234

Re: Maintanance funds question

Post by chandu1234 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:16 pm

[quote="high_aimer"]Hi all,

I wanted to clarify one point related to the maintanance funds of Tier 1 General dependant.

If some body had been in the UK for 4 years (2 on Student + 2 on PSW) before they recently got the Tier 1 general visa. Now if he wants to apply for his wife's visa, who is abroad at the moment, how much funds does he need to show?? £1600 + £800 or £533 + £800?[/quote]

--------------------

when he got his tier 1 g... ?

whatever the case the funds is same as like 1600+800 if he not completed 12 months..otherwise 533+800

high_aimer

Post by high_aimer » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:26 pm

Thanks

Are you saying that it doesnt matter how long the main applicant has lived in UK on other visas, he needs to spend 12 months on Tier1 to qualify for £533 for his dependent coming from abroad???

Is that true based on experiences of other forum members?

indian234

hi

Post by indian234 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:21 pm

Hi,

I am getting married in may and am trying to understand what all documents are required to apply for dependant visa. I am planning to provide below documents to embassy after marriage. Can someone please confirm if these documents are sufficient or not? By the way, i have been in UK for 4 years under tier 1.

1. Marriage certificate
2. 533GBP from my HSBC UK for maintenance (+800 for safe side)
3. My bank statements
4. Marriage photos
5. Engagement photos
6. Finally application form (with photos and relevant fees)

I believe these documents should be more than enough. If i am missing some thing, please let me know.

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:29 am

high_aimer wrote:Are you saying that it doesnt matter how long the main applicant has lived in UK on other visas, he needs to spend 12 months on Tier1 to qualify for £533 for his dependent coming from abroad???
Such an assumption / response is inaccurate. Stay in the UK can be in any immigration category.

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:31 am

chandu1234

Post by chandu1234 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:10 pm

ya right...it should be continuous period

abhipune
Newly Registered

hi

Post by abhipune » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:34 pm

Hi chandu.
Can you share the covering letter and the docs submitted by you for ur wife for her dependent visa?
Thanks.

subbala
Newly Registered

Post by subbala » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:33 pm

Hi Chandu,

I'm currently in UK on T2(ICT) since end-Oct'10 and my wife and kid are in UK on T2 dependent visas.

Now I plan to switch to Tier1 (Gen) and have the following questions.
Could you or somebody answer these -

1. I plan to apply for T1 dependent visas for my wife & kid at the same time as my main application.
In this case, how much total maintenance funds I should show -
(including the maintenance fund reqd for my main application)

Is it 4000 (800 + 2*1600) ? Or something diff ?

2. What happens to my wife & kid's T2 dependent visas, once my T1G is approved ? Will their T2 dependent visas get cancelled ?

What if my T1 (Gen) application is approved, but for some reason my wife & kid's T1 dependent is refused....is that a possibility ?
If so, will they continue to be on T2 dependent visas or what happens ?

3. For my main application, I have funds in my personal bank a/c. However for dependents maintenance fund, I plan to show funds from both my personal bank (same a/c shown for main application) and from my wife's personal bank a/c.
I believe this is acceptable...can you confirm ?

Thanks much.