ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax Return Issue

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

imzi
Newly Registered

Tax Return Issue

Post by imzi » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:56 am

Hi there,
I am here in Uk on study visa and have to apply for Tier 1 G, using my previous earing, Education

I have my issue regarding two proofs of earning

1. Payslips
2. Tax Return

My Question here is that. as tax is paid for the tax period of 1st July 2009 - 30 June 2010
and payslips I had for the period of Jan 2010 to Dec 10 to cover the 15 months time to apply a visa.

(My earnings are not good enough to claim 30 point for 6 month period of tax return of 2010)

Is this a fissible scenario to claim points for previous earning.
or is there any other way to represent these proofs.

(Note)
earning time period is not matching in two proofs of earing.

Can anyone help me out regarding this issue.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:10 am

You cannot use tax returns as evidence of earnings unless the tax assessment period (12 months) mirrors the earnings period (12 months) you are using.
And there is no 6-month tax return - it is always an annual tax return depending on the tax assessment year applicable in the country of earnings (e.g. - in Pakistan, July-June)!

No solution other than using a different evidence of earnings (in place of tax returns).

regards

imzi
Newly Registered

Post by imzi » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:09 pm

Thankyou very much for help, But this issuse is slightly complecated, I know that,s tax is paid for one year Jun - July but the earning I have earned is for 7 months of a tax year not for 12 month. So need help in this regard..

Thankx

wf
Member of Standing

Post by wf » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:02 pm

Submit bank statements instead.

imzi
Newly Registered

Post by imzi » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:08 pm

actually i have a lot of other transeions in my account like i have used that account for students visa maintenance fund, and I do use it for income from property.. so my account have a lot of other cash transection in it...

rajput
Newly Registered

Post by rajput » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:02 pm

I dont think other transactions would be an issue, as long as amount in pay slips matches with bank statements, you shud be fine

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:23 am

Other transactions are fine. My bank statement for salary / maintenance is the same account and also has rent payments, cash withdrawals, visa card debits, .... all in the same account. I put a coloured flag where each salary deposit was made to help them find these transactions. That worked fine.