ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success - SET(O) Solihull

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wpleo

ILR success - SET(O) Solihull

Post by wpleo » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:52 pm

Hello to everyone.

First of all, I want to thank everybody here for the enormous help, contribution, and useful advice.

I wanted to share the experience of my recent visit to the PEO in Solihull.

My case was a combo of WP(1yr)+HSMP(2yrs)+ HSMP extension to tier1(2yrs).

I arrived an hour early in an attempt to avoid getting stuck in traffic. The town centre is quite nice and cosy, and plenty of car parks all over the place.

The PEO itself was quite tidy, and looks pretty new from the inside. Was let in by a member of staff, had a security check, and they verified at the desk if I had the right form, then was given a slip with a ref number.

About 10 minutes later I was called in. The case worker was friendly and polite, checked the application form, and only asked for last 3 payslips, last year p60, and employer letter( which I am glad I took with me just in case, stating my employment and annual salary).

I had a bag full of documents covering literally almost everything over the past 5 years, including WP/HSMP letters, and photocopies, but none of these were asked for.

Couple of checks were done on the computer, and a brief phonecall, all in all did not take more than 10 minutes, then was told everything was in order and should go pay the fee, and the passport will be ready in 2 hours to collect with ILR stamp.

After paying the fee, I left the building and spent sometime in town. On my return, and after producing my ref number slip and a little wait, I was called to the desk, and was handed back my documents and passport with ILR.

There was a letter too, but to my surprise, it only stated that an application for extension of stay was made, and to check the endorsement in passport, however there was no mention in the letter itself of anything to do with ILR. I queried that at the desk, and was told this is only a generic letter which they normally issue, and the stamp in the passport is what matters. I must admit I felt bit astonished, as in all my previous applications made, I always had a letter stating type of extension and length etc, which I indeed had to use as a proof to employers in the past, and hence wondered why no such similar letter was issued for ILR, which can be useful when applying for naturalisation. I wonder if those of you who were granted ILR recently had a different type of letter? or if different PEOs do things differently?

Anyway, my overall experience was good, and my piece of advice - even though in my case not much documents were asked for and all the photocopies will be in the shredder soon - gather as much as you reasonably can, you can never be over-prepared, and even if you do its better to be on the safe side, and always hope for the best.

Well, I need to relax a bit now but once again thanks to all of you here, and keep up the good work.

Wish you all best of luck.
Last edited by wpleo on Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

wpleo

Post by wpleo » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:06 pm

This is to answer some query I received.

I ticked option 9G in section 9 as advised by some here. I think though ultimatlely it does not matter, as in real terms the documents to be supplied are similar, and it becomes less important when you go for premium service/PEO. But for those sending application by post and who fall in the HSMP April-Nov06 group, option 9G is most appropriate.

With regard to LIUK test, I was not asked for it, the case-worker seemed quite on the ball with things and knew straight on that I was applying under JR for April-Nov06, and acknowledged LIUK is not required.

Hope this helps.

rajathwp

Post by rajathwp » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:55 am

Hearty Congrats Mate !! Thanks for sharing your success !!

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:47 am

congrats and thanks for sharing the info in quite a detail...

wpleo

Re: ILR success - SET(O) Solihull

Post by wpleo » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:51 pm

Thanks and no worries at all, glad you guys found it useful.

Was wondering though if anyone has a view on the point below?
wpleo wrote:There was a letter too, but to my surprise, it only stated that an application for extension of stay was made, and to check the endorsement in passport, however there was no mention in the letter itself of anything to do with ILR. I queried that at the desk, and was told this is only a generic letter which they normally issue, and the stamp in the passport is what matters. I must admit I felt bit astonished, as in all my previous applications made, I always had a letter stating type of extension and length etc, which I indeed had to use as a proof to employers in the past, and hence wondered why no such similar letter was issued for ILR, which can be useful when applying for naturalisation. I wonder if those of you who were granted ILR recently had a different type of letter? or if different PEOs do things differently?
And does anyone know a link where one can find more info on ILR holder's rights/regulations etc, as UKBA site does not provide sufficient details?

Cheers

loverboy4alluk

Re: ILR success - SET(O) Solihull

Post by loverboy4alluk » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:17 pm

hiya and well done for your sucess
do you know where they made the brief phone call ?

adnan_uk

Post by adnan_uk » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:02 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience and congratulations.

I am surprised as to why they asked for an employer letter as you have been on HSMP and Tier 1.?
I am currently working via my Limited company for last 3 months and due for ILR in April. What sort of letter do I have to produce?
I was planning to take only the payslips as I have been paying myself reasonably. Any idea friends?

Adnan

sunny1407

Post by sunny1407 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:06 pm

your initial WP, was it a SEGS or actual WP?

I am in the same boat as you and have been advised that SEGS will not count for my 5 years and have to wait until Nov 2011 before I can apply.

Am a bit worried (more than a bit to be honest) as the new rules in April 2011 are coming and not sure how they will affect JR applicants

wpleo

Post by wpleo » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:00 pm

hiya and well done for your sucess
do you know where they made the brief phone call ?
No idea. I could only hear my details and type of application given over the phone that's all.
I am surprised as to why they asked for an employer letter as you have been on HSMP and Tier 1.?
I am currently working via my Limited company for last 3 months and due for ILR in April. What sort of letter do I have to produce?
I was planning to take only the payslips as I have been paying myself reasonably. Any idea friends?

Adnan
I had a little wonder too, but glad I took the letter anyway. In your case as self-employed you can state that and show your LTD company income etc. I guess, but hope some here will shed more light on this.
your initial WP, was it a SEGS or actual WP?
Actual WP.