ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Visa Refused -*** Urgent Help Needed Plz***

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coriolis
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Visa Refused -*** Urgent Help Needed Plz***

Post by coriolis » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:51 pm

I Applied for Tier 1 visa on Dec 10 2010 from Bangalore and today I received passport only with refusal notice and admin review request form for below reasons :
1: Master of Computer applications from Kumaun University,2005, not listed on PBS calculator. No UKNARIC letter submitted as required by the published PBS guidance. Therefore points not awarded

2. English Language
You have not supplied the degree certificate as evidence that the degree has been awarded. In line with the published guidance, the evidence provided has been assessed as insufficient to meet the English language requirement and therefore no points have been awarded in this area.

While filling the Point based calculator I did not find My university under Uttrakhand, India , so I just selected the band for master's degree 35 points but overlooked the requirement to get UK NARIC letter in this case and submitted my application with degree and original mark sheets but without NARIC letter and I realized this requirement later after submitting my application. For English language I submitted the original IELTS test results certificate.

Later I found that my University and Master's degree actually shows under Uttar Pradesh (Uttrakhand was split from Uttrapradesh around 10 year back) and I could have easily claimed 35 points for Education and English language without giving IELTS Test. I was under impression that since its a glitch in PBS website visa office can verify from PBS database since my university is genuine and degree certificates are original.

Moderators and Experienced members: Could you please provide valuable suggestion so that I can request a strong Admin review in my case? Also please tell me if I have any good chance in my case.

Thanks in Advance.

chandu1234

Post by chandu1234 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:12 am

You did a BIG mistake. Where is you university also you don't know. Even your certificate clearly showing the place though you haven't look on that.

But you can go for AR,but you don't have chance to submit any documents.
in AR.

SO chances are very very less(0.0001 %), I know you are genuine guy, but you haven't asked any guys even if you got the doubt while applying. you cant get back the things and time.

Just WRITE CLEARLY SAYING ABOUT THE MISTAKE WHAT YOU DID. AND ALSO PROVIDE SOME WEBSITE NAMES,PHONE NUMBERS.

I THINK YOU HAVE SUBMITTED THE IELTS LOW BAND CERTIFICATE. SO YOU DIDNT GET ANY POINTS FOR THIS

coriolis
Newly Registered

Post by coriolis » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:21 am

Hi Chandu,

Thanks for reply.

I finished my masters in 2005 and it comes under Uttarakhand, but not sure why it shows under Uttar Pradesh in Point based calculator.

Senior members please advise in preparing my Admin Review.

Thanks,

pkumar
Member of Standing

Post by pkumar » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:32 pm

You stand little chance.

Admin review is WON when you prove that case worker did a mistake or overlooked certain document. That is the reason UKBA mentions that they are not going to consider any additional document while filing for admin review.

DO you think you can come here on Tier 2 and apply afresh?

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:48 pm

coriolis wrote:Hi Chandu,

Thanks for reply.

I finished my masters in 2005 and it comes under Uttarakhand, but not sure why it shows under Uttar Pradesh in Point based calculator.

Senior members please advise in preparing my Admin Review.

Thanks,
PBS calculator is for guidance only. If your university is listed in PBS and award point then it means it is compared by UK Naric with UK degree. Case worker can not just look into PBS calculator for a particular state especially when there was boundary changes. I guess you can highlight the fact that your degree awarding university is listed in PBS and MCA was compared by NARIC. However, you may wish to point that after carving out uttarakhand, your university went into Uttarakhand. Also, this university is still listed under UP as well as Uttarakhand and PBS calculator award point for that. One university can not located in two states! You can frame argument in this way and point out mistake. Be precise about changes in state name, university location and PBS results. One of my friend got point for his degree for his Tier 1 despite boundary changes after graduation. He was in similar situation like you but he got approved without AR.

coriolis
Newly Registered

Post by coriolis » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:26 pm

Thanks Manojk005 for reply.

Could you or someone else please suggest if I can attach my PBS summary print also with AR?

I know they don't accept any other evidence while AR, but its just to show that my University listed on PBS under Uttar Pradesh and my claim for getting 35 points for education is valid. Also I can get 10 points for English also with same. Although I submitted IELTS score with 7.5 score.

Thanks Again!

chandu1234

Post by chandu1234 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:06 pm

There is no Boundaries changes for his case. His Certificate clearly stated the university is in UP and also the same thing is listed in PBS calculator.

Mr.coriolis thought it changed to different state.

coriolis
Newly Registered

Post by coriolis » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:29 am

chandu1234 wrote:There is no Boundaries changes for his case. His Certificate clearly stated the university is in UP and also the same thing is listed in PBS calculator.

Mr.coriolis thought it changed to different state.
Hi Chandu1234,

Thanks for reply.

My degree does not say state name, it just says Kumaun University, Nanital ( which comes under Uttrakhand), that is the reason i did not check my univesity under Uttarpradesh earlier. (Plz note Uttrakhand came out from Uttar Pradesh split around year 2000).

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:01 am

coriolis wrote:Thanks Manojk005 for reply.

Could you or someone else please suggest if I can attach my PBS summary print also with AR?

I know they don't accept any other evidence while AR, but its just to show that my University listed on PBS under Uttar Pradesh and my claim for getting 35 points for education is valid. Also I can get 10 points for English also with same. Although I submitted IELTS score with 7.5 score.

Thanks Again!
Yes you can.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

chandu1234

Post by chandu1234 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:19 pm

[quote="coriolis"][quote="chandu1234"]There is no Boundaries changes for his case. His Certificate clearly stated the university is in UP and also the same thing is listed in PBS calculator.

Mr.coriolis thought it changed to different state.[/quote]

Hi Chandu1234,

Thanks for reply.

My degree does not say state name, it just says Kumaun University, Nanital ( which comes under Uttrakhand), that is the reason i did not check my univesity under Uttarpradesh earlier. (Plz note Uttrakhand came out from Uttar Pradesh split around year 2000).[/quote]

----------------
Then its good..have you checked on your certificate... what the stamp shows....some stamps having state also..is it like on your stamp?

coriolis
Newly Registered

Post by coriolis » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:01 pm

Thanks Chandu for reply.

Yes, State name is not mentioned on degree anywhere, however University belongs to Uttrakhand since last 10 years.

I sent my AR today to BHC Chennai, mentioning PBS calculator glitch and explaining How I am claiming points for Education and Degree.

I am hoping for the Best with my fingers crossed :-)

I will update here once hear anything from BHC.

Thanks all here.