ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traffic offence committed long back not penalised -need help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sunny69
Newly Registered

Traffic offence committed long back not penalised -need help

Post by sunny69 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:07 am

Hello,
I am going to apply for my British Naturalisation very soon and I want your advise about one issue that kept haunting me forever! Let me give you the details.

Way back in 2006 when I first arrived in UK and I started to drive on my international licence, I had a minor offence then for speeding for which I recieved a speed ticket. I replied to them sending along with it a copy of my INT licence and they replied saying that "unfortunately we do not have any guidelines to deal with international licences at the moment and the matter would have to be dealt in court". So I just accepted my fate and waited in anticipation of further communication regarding the date of court hearing. But till now I haven't heard anything from them at all and some friends even suggested that there will not be any action as they got so many such 'cases' on their hand. Later on, I even got my UK full licence after that incident without any points on it. I might mention here though that may not be relevant here that I got so many visa stampings on my passport since then including LLR, dependants visas, ILR and never been questioned.

So now that I am filling Form AN, I came across this section about Criminal Convictions: Civil Judgments
3.6 Do you have any criminal convictions in the UK or any other country (including traffic offences) or any civil judgements made against you?

Should I mention about my past incident or should I just leave it by not making it more complex to them? I do not even possess any documentation to show them :(
Please advice.
Many Thanks

lanr3e

Re: Traffic offence committed long back not penalised -need

Post by lanr3e » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:29 pm

sunny69 wrote:Hello,
I am going to apply for my British Naturalisation very soon and I want your advise about one issue that kept haunting me forever! Let me give you the details.

Way back in 2006 when I first arrived in UK and I started to drive on my international licence, I had a minor offence then for speeding for which I recieved a speed ticket. I replied to them sending along with it a copy of my INT licence and they replied saying that "unfortunately we do not have any guidelines to deal with international licences at the moment and the matter would have to be dealt in court". So I just accepted my fate and waited in anticipation of further communication regarding the date of court hearing. But till now I haven't heard anything from them at all and some friends even suggested that there will not be any action as they got so many such 'cases' on their hand. Later on, I even got my UK full licence after that incident without any points on it. I might mention here though that may not be relevant here that I got so many visa stampings on my passport since then including LLR, dependants visas, ILR and never been questioned.

So now that I am filling Form AN, I came across this section about Criminal Convictions: Civil Judgments
3.6 Do you have any criminal convictions in the UK or any other country (including traffic offences) or any civil judgements made against you?

Should I mention about my past incident or should I just leave it by not making it more complex to them? I do not even possess any documentation to show them :(
Please advice.
Many Thanks
Since no action has been taken and no court has found you guilty of any offence, I don't see any reason why you should mention anything....u've gotten away with the offence.