ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My Daughter Status

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Inverness_Krishna
Newly Registered

My Daughter Status

Post by Inverness_Krishna » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:51 pm

Hi

am confused with my daughter case, any advice will be highly appreciated.

Me and my wife tried for premium service to get our ILR, caseworker adviced to apply through Post.

So we (Indians) applied for our ILR on early 2010. During the process we had our first baby later in 2010 in UK

We applied through postal, hope you all know the timescale homeoffice takes. got our ILR in early 2011

Does the baby automatically becomes British citizen or do i need to go through the Naturalisation/ Registration process.

folks who arent sure what am after i.e, British citizen seems to be classfied three different types if am right

1. Automatically
2. Naturalisation
3. Registration

My Daughter at the moment is stateless.

Thanks
K
Last edited by Inverness_Krishna on Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:57 pm

Check the date of your ILR. If the date is before your daughter's birth date then she automatically a British Citizen. If not the you can register the child now using MN1 form under section 1(3). I hope your daughter was born here in the UK.

As born to Indian parents you can always register the child as Indian at Indian consulate, Edinburgh (Hoping you live near Lochness :D) and apply for Indian passport.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:59 pm

Inverness_Krishna wrote:So we (Indians) applied for our ILR on 21st Oct 2010. During the process we had our first baby on 25th Oct 2010 in UK

We applied through postal, hope you all know the timescale homeoffice takes. got our ILR in Feb 2011
The child is entitled to be registered as British citizen under section 1(3). Apply using form MN1. Upon registration, apply for child's British passport.

regards

Inverness_Krishna
Newly Registered

Post by Inverness_Krishna » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:13 pm

Many thanks for your advice,

sorry to be rude, i dont want to knock their doors again after along 3 months wait.

do i have a chance to argue, since we already applied for ILR, and we lived in uk for nearly 5yrs 3 months during at the day of applying.

Only because of the case worker(Gasgow) inability to decide on same day we are forced to go for postal and had a penalty waiting for 3 months.

i need to get my wee girl and mother back home asap. as they are missing a long holiday break and family

applying indian passport will take 4 weeks and than Uk visa,

now i dont know how long this mn1 application will take.

Thanks
K

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:19 pm

Where does UKBA state that in-person premium service guarantees same day service?

The caseworker, instead of suggesting that you use postal method, could have easily deferred a decision on the application pending further investigation - and then your in-person application would have followed the postal timelines anyways - and you would have ended up paying premium fees for postal service!!

Anyways, since your daughter was born before you were granted settlement status, she is not a British citizen unless the registration certificate is issued.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inverness_Krishna
Newly Registered

Post by Inverness_Krishna » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:25 pm

i agree, there is no guarantees anywhere

what am saying is due to this, i need to undergo too much stress for the delivery with out family support. and waited for 3 months to travel home.

Now its again happening with my daughter case.

mehta

"Upon registration, apply for child's British passport. "

So is that a two way process, i need to register with homeoffice and than apply passport in the local council/ postoffice for the passport?

not sure how long it takes for registration generally and receiving the passport. any idea?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:27 pm

Inverness_Krishna wrote:So is that a two way process, i need to register with homeoffice and than apply passport in the local council/ postoffice for the passport?
Yes.
Inverness_Krishna wrote:not sure how long it takes for registration generally and receiving the passport. any idea?
Browsing this topic may help.

regards

Inverness_Krishna
Newly Registered

Post by Inverness_Krishna » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:39 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

500£ + it can take up to six months wait.

will rather stick to indian passport and apply uk visa in india when she is coming back to uk

i know, babies can travel out of uk with out uk visa.

homeoffice == (money+money+money ...)

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:41 pm

Inverness_Krishna wrote:will rather stick to indian passport and apply uk visa in india when she is coming back to uk
Or register her in India.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Inverness_Krishna
Newly Registered

Post by Inverness_Krishna » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:09 pm

Thanks Vinny,

Got one person signed up in referee section

its getting harder to get the referee to sign in who know our baby professionally i.e, health visitor as our baby is 3 months old

she is on leave for 3 weeks

and cant think anyone who will sign in along with passport number

:? :? :?

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:51 pm

Inverness_Krishna wrote:its getting harder to get the referee to sign in who know our baby professionally
check the other threads and you'll find out toddlers do not need to meet this requirement