ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can i apply for a 'convention' travel document???!!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hikz
BANNED

can i apply for a 'convention' travel document???!!!

Post by hikz » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:42 pm

hi, basically my asylum claim was successful, i was recognised as a refugee and yesterday i received my immigration status document and my travel document (a travel document issued by the Lebanese government for Palestinian refugees residing in Lebanon). so i wana know whether its possible to apply for a 'convention' travel document or not, as i read on the UKBA website that ur not allowed to apply for 1 if u already posses a valid passport or travel document... take into consideration that my travel document is due 2 expire next year, also its useless. so is it possible and would they refuse?? Thanks 4 ur help
Hikz

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:18 pm

You can apply for a convention travel document. You should send your current lebanese travel document with your application form.

Please read the information on this page

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/while ... documents/

hikz
BANNED

Post by hikz » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:58 am

thanks greenie ur SOOOOOOOOOO HELPFUL... but im scared that it might be a travel certificate

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:49 am

Travel documents wrote:If you are a refugee, you can apply for a convention travel document.
See also How do I apply for a Home Office travel document?

regards

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:35 am

hikz wrote:thanks greenie ur SOOOOOOOOOO HELPFUL... but im scared that it might be a travel certificate
as long as you have refugee status and not humanitarian protection or discretionary leave then you can apply for a convention travel document.