ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Deferred Intake to Sept 2011

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

swati

Deferred Intake to Sept 2011

Post by swati » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:12 pm

Hi,

Need an info.
I had applied for my tier 4 visa on 24th Jan 2011 and the current status is " Visa application under process at High Commission"
I had extn in my Uni only till 7th Feb, so now they have deferred my intake to Sept 2011.
I want to know if I can travel with the same visa(assuming i'll get it in next few days)? Or should I inform the high commission that my intake is deferred.
Suggestions please...

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:21 pm

I think you need to tell the British high commission about this as you can not travel before 6 months of your course start date.

Immigration officer may refuse you entry upon arrival if you travel so much early.

wait for other members input as well

swati

Post by swati » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:31 pm

i intend to travel in sept only... and later extend my visa before it expires..

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:11 pm

Than You need to make sure that your education provider is agree to give you new CAS in between the course and at the time of your extension.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:44 pm

If the original start date has already passed then the eco will contact your sponsor /you to ask when your latest start date is. As your start date is now deferred then yourapplication will be refused as the start date is more than 3 months away. You will need to apply again with a
new Cas closer to the time. Perhaps you should withdraw your application explaining the reasons

swati

Post by swati » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:49 am

just wanted to tell you,

visa applied: 24 Jan 2011
app sent to highcommission: 24 Jan 2011
App under process at High commission: 29th Jan- till date.
Original start date:31st Jan
Extn date ended: 7th Feb
Uni deferred intake: 9th Feb.
Uni is Highly Trusted Sponsor
Fees already paid: 1000 GBP-mentioned in CAS

I hadcalled VFS and they are saying that I'll still be issued a visa since it is already 3 weeks since I had applied and that I can travel with the same visa in Aug/Sept and show the new deferred letter from Uni with new start dates to the immigration in the airport while travelling

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:41 am

Vfs do not make the decision and can't generally be relied upon on matters like this.

In my experience your application is likely to be refused.

Where did you apply? Its usually advisable to apply further in advance than 3 weeks to avoid this problem.

swati

Post by swati » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:11 pm

It all got delayed because of my study loan...
Applied in vfs bangalore..

hydguru
Newly Registered

Post by hydguru » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:46 am

Hi Swati,
Did you got your visa?
or received any call from BDHC Chennai?

aminah
Newly Registered

deffered entry

Post by aminah » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:29 pm

hi,

My uni is highly sponsored as well and i am deffered to sep session just because of delay of 2 days . I got my student visa for feb2011 and now i am deferred to sep2011...i have contacted my university and mentioned in email that i will not re-apply for further visa application..although in uni email they send me new offer letter with same student id and does not mention that rather i need to re-apply or not...but i will travel on same visa after 5 months...can anyboy tell me that it is safe or how much time before i can travel before my course starts..

Thanx alot !!

swarooponline
Newly Registered

Post by swarooponline » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:20 pm

Hello

Me also applied on 24th Jan but till date didn't got visa.What abt you.Any update?