ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

plz some one should help me out....

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

funmyjoy
Newly Registered

plz some one should help me out....

Post by funmyjoy » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:24 pm

am a Nigerian planing to apply for UK Student Visa under tier 4. what documents do i need to present at the Uk embassy and what qualifications is needed to study in the UK.

I have these qualifications:

1. WAEC O/L
2. NECO O/L

am aslo planning to write IT certification like A+ or CCNA or web site Certification. will all these give me more advantage.

pls I need your advise.

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:39 am

Please share your experiences here ...I believe this person genuinely want your help.
Please can any of the moderators help also here with links to related experiences?

Hey funmyjoy check this UKBA site here

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:46 am

Its difficult for anyone to advise with this little information.
What course are you planning on studying answer with what category sponsor?
What is WAEL O/L and NECO O/L?

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:26 pm

Yup need to give more information about your past education and your proposed future education.

funmyjoy
Newly Registered

I need youe help plz

Post by funmyjoy » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:28 pm

thank you for your timely response...........

the course I want to study is Certified Accounting technician ( CAT) in Bradford College of Management UK.

I found this information on their web site:

For the CAT qualification you will complete nine exams, split into three Levels. These are all designed to test the knowledge, skills and understanding you will need to work in accounting support roles. The exams cover the key areas of accounting, finance, IT and management.

Entry requirements & Exemptions:
There are no formal academic qualifications necessary to register. If you have no academic qualifications, you will be expected to complete all three Levels of the Certified Accounting Technician examinations

Duration:
12~18 Months - Full Time

my qualification is Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) a certificate issue to those who finished 12 yrs of continuous education in Nigeria. and it is issued by West Africa Examination Council (WAEC), is an international examination body that covered all the 4 English speaking countries in West Africa.

Also Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) a certificate issue to those who finished 12 yrs of continuous education in Nigeria. and it is issued by National Examination Council (NECO), is a national examination body in Nigeria.

so, please advice me on which document and what to do to apply for UK Tier 4 (Student) visas.

thank you.

kkj
BANNED

Post by kkj » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:32 pm

Ok. You need to do following:

1. First get registered with ACCA for CAT qualification. Pay the registration fee and get all registration documents and ID card.
www.accaglobal.com

2. Contact the college you want to study in UK OR colleges who teach CAT qualification. Try to find their official representative in Nigeria as local official agent will be good but should be official.

www.educationuk.com/www.britishcouncil.org.uk

You can also visit your local British council / education UK office to get more information. When you found out your course and college must check it with UKBA Tier 4 Sponsor register before paying any fee/deposit.

3. Pay the college fee/deposit to get CAS, which is a main document to get student visa. If you use local official representative process will be easier for you. You will get all documents easily and will get you fee/deposit refund quickly in case of visa rejection.

4. Meanwhile of the above process, get your passport and all educational document ready. Collect all the original reference letters/transcripts/certificate from relevant authorities and get them translated in English, if it’s in your local language. Arrange funds as per your requirement, roughly £7200+Course fee. Funds must be in your or your parents named account for last 28 days. Also get the correct photographs of yours as per requirement of UKBA.i.e on mat-finish photographic paper with grey/white background. A medical certificate of good health and TB certificate is also required.

Don't forget to check UKBA website to check what is latest student visa application requirement for Nigerian nationals. Keep all documents ready.

5. Download and print student visa form (VAF-9) and PBS Appendix-8 for general student from UKBA website or get it from college local representative or British council office. Please note its TWO separate documents one is VAF9 and another PBS Appendix8 general student which needs to be filled and attached with VAF9.

Read it twice then fill it by yourself according to your documents and after that again read and check it twice and then sign the form and attach appendix8. Enclosed all ORIGNAL documents with TWO sets of photocopies. Keep one extra set of photocopies of form and documents with you for your record.

6. Get appointment at your nearest UK visa application centre, pay the required visa fee, attend interview if required and wait for the decision.
My advice is for guidance only, if you want the law then consult a lawyer!**********************************************************