ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

according to new law

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nazreen12

according to new law

Post by nazreen12 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:34 pm

hi everybody thnx a lot 4 ur help n advise we received our document n granted leave to remain need to wait 7 more days to kno exactly for how long we got it. I just need more clarification coz according to new law when my husband course finish he don't have the right for extention even the course leads to degree course this also applies for establish student as well so he will need to leave and reapply in the home country is that correct please help as we must kno wat law said coz at the minute he is doing advanced diploma course n prepare for the future

kkj
BANNED

Post by kkj » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:51 pm

I think you are talking about proposed laws under which extension will only be allowed if current course level would be higher then previous course.

If yes, so, new laws are under approval process and not applicable yet.
My advice is for guidance only, if you want the law then consult a lawyer!**********************************************************

ash786
BANNED

Re: according to new law

Post by ash786 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:57 pm

nazreen12 wrote:hi everybody thnx a lot 4 ur help n advise we received our document n granted leave to remain need to wait 7 more days to kno exactly for how long we got it. I just need more clarification coz according to new law when my husband course finish he don't have the right for extention even the course leads to degree course this also applies for establish student as well so he will need to leave and reapply in the home country is that correct please help as we must kno wat law said coz at the minute he is doing advanced diploma course n prepare for the future
1. The new rules would not apply to you as you were given leave according to the old rules. However, if the old rules had this sort of condition then it wud apply to you.

2. The new rules are not even published yet so dont worry too much about it.