ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changes regarding ILR from April 2011

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dixey
Newly Registered

Changes regarding ILR from April 2011

Post by dixey » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:59 pm

Hi experts,

I would like to draw attention to a ruling regarding temporary cap which was deemed unlawful by judges because home secretary was found to have sidesteped parliamentary scrutiny of the proposed changes. In my view proposed ILR salary requirement changes also fall in the same bracket because home secretary mentioned in parliament in her speech about criminality threshold, life in uk test and use of salary critieria in cases where dependent's settlement is in question. Nowhere in her speech she mentioned to queries of fellow parliamentarians about salary crietiria of existing tier 1 and 2's for deciding ILR grant.

Please have a look at her response to a fellow parliamentarian regarding april proposed changes. http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... 3-0001.htm

Fiona Mactaggart (Slough) (Lab): The right hon. Lady says, "We will end the link between temporary and permanent migration." How can temporary migrants, whether spouses or workers, earn permanent settlement?

Mrs May: I am grateful to the hon. Lady, because she gives me the opportunity to say that we will be making initial changes to the settlement proposals, but that we also intend to consult more fully on exactly how we will introduce changes to settlement more widely. The initial changes will relate to the language requirements, but we will also look at the salary levels required for a sponsor to bring somebody in for settlement, and at the criminality thresholds. Those are the immediate issues that we will consider. I also intend to ask the Migration Advisory Committee to do some more work on changing the settlement requirements in the longer term.

After this i couldn't see anything as like statement of changes placed in before parliament regarding theses proposed changes. It to me looks quite fishy as she is absolutely has misled the parliament. We will have to be watchfull and fight it till end if they introduce the changes in april as the court has clearly said that it will only consider any law only if it has gone through parliamentary scrutiny.