ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 To Spouse Visa - Queries

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stevenage

Tier 4 To Spouse Visa - Queries

Post by stevenage » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:13 pm

Hi,

I am on tier 4 and applied for COA to marry my partner who is British citizen. I extended my Visa in July which is upto April 2011. My course finishes on 23rd of February when the result will be announced. I attempted the final three papers of ACCA and I am afraid I will fail one paper. Currently I am waiting for decision on COA and will get marry as soon as I get approval. My question is as my course will be officially finished by 23rd February, and my course will not be completed, as one paper will be left which I am planning to attempt by self study and as my visa is upto april,, will it breach of tier 4 rules if I dont get admission for one paper and then get marry in april and apply for spouse visa ?

I shall be extremely thankful.

Regards.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:08 pm

Do you know for certain that you will be able to marry and apply for leave to remain as spouse of British citizen, before your Tier 4 leave expires?

To be able to re(sit) the exam, your stay in UK must be legal, not necessarily only as a Tier 4 migrant. But you must take into consideration that there is a possibility that you may not receive the CoA in time for you to switch to spouse status before your current (Tier 4) leave expires.

regards

stevenage

Post by stevenage » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:08 am

sushdmehta wrote:Do you know for certain that you will be able to marry and apply for leave to remain as spouse of British citizen, before your Tier 4 leave expires?

To be able to re(sit) the exam, your stay in UK must be legal, not necessarily only as a Tier 4 migrant. But you must take into consideration that there is a possibility that you may not receive the CoA in time for you to switch to spouse status before your current (Tier 4) leave expires.

regards
Thanks Sushmidita.