ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport for newborn

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sudhirdige

British passport for newborn

Post by sudhirdige » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:13 pm

Dear friends,

I searched a lot on this to get information regarding application for British passport for our son who was born last December.As I am on ILR since May 2010,I understand that I can apply for British passport for my son.I tried to apply onliine through IPS website but the application form asks me to enter my son's grandparents details as me or wife are not British citizens yet neither are his grandparents.I would be grateful if anybody who has already applied for their uk born offspring's British passport while parents are on ILR.I have registered my sons birth and my name is there on his birth certificate as father.thanks.

fhumbert

Post by fhumbert » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:50 am

I am not sure what you mean when you say that neither grandparents are his grandparents.

If at least one parents has settled status, the child is automatically British if born in the UK AFTER settled status was granted.

Is this your situation ?

If so, this is a straight forward passport application.

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:02 pm

You better pick up the form from Post Office as it is quicker than doing online form which then they need to print out and send it over to you to sign.

You need to answer all questions regardless if you fell the particular question is irrelevant or not. You just do it - take less time than deliberating over it. :)

sudhirdige

Post by sudhirdige » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:39 pm

Hi Guys,
Many thanks for your replies.much appreciated.