ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Photocopy information help required for SET(M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dj_factor
Newly Registered

Photocopy information help required for SET(M)

Post by dj_factor » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:50 pm

Hello everyone.
Firstly, I would like to appreciate the work of all the mods and other posters, especially Casa, Batley khan and others who help people on here. Its a wonderful work you do.

My question is:
The SET (m) states to provide photocopy of all the application forms and documents, do i need to photocopy each and every document, I have 2 years of mobile bills, bank statements, payslips, p60, and everything like photographs and more and more and more. do I need to photocopy each and every page, its going to be 100's of pages. What do you guys suggest.

Can i also ask, what pages of the passport do i need photocopying.

Thanks guys

Batley Khan Im from Batley too ;)

fhumbert

Post by fhumbert » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:10 pm

actually, you need to send in ORIGINAL documents, not photocopies. If you do have to send in the odd copy, it's got to be a certified copy and you have to explain why you can't send in the original.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:14 pm

It's not mandatory to send photocopies of everything. It just saves the staff some work!
I would suggest though, that you photocopy all the important documents for your own peace of mind and also keep a copy for yourself.
I think fhumbert has misunderstood. The guide notes do now suggest photocopies are submitted.
You don't need to submit photos by the way. It looks as if you may be sending way too much. The last 6 months of pay slips and 3 months of bank statements will be sufficient, and you only need to submit 6 pieces of evidence (preferably in joint names) showing you're living at the same address...from 3 different categories (for example, utility bills, mobile bill, Council tax would be 3)..spread as evenly as possible over the 2 years. i.e no really big gaps if possible.
You don't need to photocopy the passport...you'll be sending the original.

dj_factor
Newly Registered

Post by dj_factor » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:46 pm

Thanks guys, Well sorry forgot to mention that i will be going face to face in croydon this week. Well The thing is that im living with family and havent got any utility bills on my name but my wife has and i have got just the broadband/tv/telephone + Mobile bills, bank statements, etc other documents that support the application.

So Casa - Would you suggest to make any copy then if im going face to face.

Thanks dear.

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:59 pm

dj_factor wrote:Thanks guys, Well sorry forgot to mention that i will be going face to face in croydon this week. Well The thing is that im living with family and havent got any utility bills on my name but my wife has and i have got just the broadband/tv/telephone + Mobile bills, bank statements, etc other documents that support the application.

So Casa - Would you suggest to make any copy then if im going face to face.

Thanks dear.
As the form says it is recommended to get photocopies please take some. I remember when i went using SET(o) and told case worker i had photocopies, there was a smile on his face ! as suggested its only there for less work for starff.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:42 pm

If you want to keep them happy, then take photocopies. Present them in month order through the 2 years.
If you don't have 6 in joint names, submit a few extra in single names.
Take a letter from your family explaining that you're living with them and the bills are mainly in their name.
Also take your marriage certificate. It's sometimes (not always) asked for when applying at a PEO.
Your wife's attending with you?

dj_factor
Newly Registered

Post by dj_factor » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:49 pm

Yep Casa, My wife is going along with me. I was thinking of doing the whole SET M form photocopy, 6 bills for mobile, council tax, pay slips, p60, etc etc and 12 months of bank statements. What do you say.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:06 pm

It looks as if you need another category in there for proof of address.
Mobile bills, council tax and one other. They don't usually count the bank statements as one of the 3 categories. Any letters, or doctors registration showing the joint address?
You won't need to submit 12 months of bank statements. 6 maximum

dj_factor
Newly Registered

Post by dj_factor » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:19 pm

Yep i have got a docs letter, Hm & Revenue letter, credit card statement + bank statement, Mobile bills, payslip + p60 and works letter all proofs of my current address.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:11 am

Please do not forget to share your experience with us. I hope you get your ILR mine is due in couple of weeks time, good luck

dj_factor
Newly Registered

Post by dj_factor » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:00 pm

Sure Ferrari, I would definately do that with everyone here, but only if you give me a lift in your ferrari ;-)

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:51 pm

Sorry mate i have sold the ferrari as i have to pay £1250 HO fees ;)