ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any possible reason will reject a tier 2 application?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

liewjls
Newly Registered

Any possible reason will reject a tier 2 application?

Post by liewjls » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:26 pm

Hello,

I'm bit worry with my application.. I had my CoS last nov, then i submitted my application on the first week of dec 2010. Finally the last week of Jan 2011, i got the biometric letter from the home office.

After 1 week, i went to my biometric appointment.. I'm bit worry, as it's been few weeks after i did my biometric, there's no news from home office yet. :(

I was told by my friends when you got the biometric appointment, your application is approved? is that true? I saw some of the post, they had rejected their application after they went to the biometric appointment.

Any advice, please?

Thanks in advance..

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Any possible reason will reject a tier 2 application?

Post by geriatrix » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:31 pm

liewjls wrote:I was told by my friends when you got the biometric appointment, your application is approved? is that true?
No.

regards

akashths
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by akashths » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:11 pm

I had a similar situation. CoS end of Dec, Biomety third week of Jan. Receved Biometr-ic card this week. Still waiting for original passport and documents though.
UKBA has clear guidelines for the processing methods but not transparent enough on processing timelines.... and it can be nailbiting experience.
Biometry doesnt mean the application is decided, it only verifies and validates your identity. Decision is based on other factors including your job type, employer status, your supporting evidence and other general immigration probabilities (like criminal convictions, previous overstays or applications etc)
Stay put till 6-8 working weeks and esp atleast 3 weeks from biometry and start communicating after that

liewjls
Newly Registered

Post by liewjls » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:28 pm

akashths wrote:I had a similar situation. CoS end of Dec, Biomety third week of Jan. Receved Biometr-ic card this week. Still waiting for original passport and documents though.
UKBA has clear guidelines for the processing methods but not transparent enough on processing timelines.... and it can be nailbiting experience.
Biometry doesnt mean the application is decided, it only verifies and validates your identity. Decision is based on other factors including your job type, employer status, your supporting evidence and other general immigration probabilities (like criminal convictions, previous overstays or applications etc)
Stay put till 6-8 working weeks and esp atleast 3 weeks from biometry and start communicating after that
really? that's good then. getting the biometric card means your application is good right?

criminal? nah, i'm don't hv any issue. the worse thing is just had once overdraft on my current account. overstays? nope. Just that my psw visa end on 19th feb 2011. until now i still not getting my passport.. what am i going to do??