ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of accommodation and tier1 general dependant visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nomi Ali
Newly Registered

Proof of accommodation and tier1 general dependant visa

Post by Nomi Ali » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:21 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm living in a 7 bed room house with each room being rented to diff people. I am going to apply tier 1 general dependant visa for my wife. Now im very confused to show the proof of accommodation as if it might come under HMO ( house with multiple occupants) or something. moving into a new accommodatoin is not possible at the moment.
Please advise what to do. I will be very greatful.

Regards.

chosenaik

Post by chosenaik » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:06 am

I believe as long as you have sufficient funds (i.e. meet the UKBA requirements) then you do not have to show proof of accomodation. It is only an additional peice of info people show.

But if you think it will help your case then I guess you can show it.

kakamanna
Newly Registered

Post by kakamanna » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:18 am

Accommodation agreement for Tier 1 dependent visa is not a requirement but it is always good to eliminate the risk by providing one. In your case, you will have to provide a letter from your landlord confirming that you have 1 bedroom available to you and your dependent exclusively; and that your landlord has no objection on you living with your dependent in his/her property.

Hope it helps.