ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MY HSMP APPLICATION

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IFEOMA
Newly Registered

MY HSMP APPLICATION

Post by IFEOMA » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:47 pm

I GUESS I'M THE NEWEST MEMBER HERE....I APPLIED FOR HSMP SEPTEMBER LAST YEAR AND HOMEOFFICE HAVE SENT MY ORIGINALS TO THE ADDRESS I GAVE THEM SINCE OCTOBER LAST YEAR.....BUT I STILL HAVENT GOTTEN A RESPONSE FOR THE APPLICATION. I CONSIDER MYSELF HIGHLY SKILLED AND MY DOCUMENTS PROVE IT SO WHY THE DELAY? IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET A MAIL FROM HOMEOFFICE TELLING ME HOW SUCCESSFUL I WAS SO I DON'T LOSE OIUT ON THE TIME GIVEN TO GET INTO U.K????

otun

Post by otun » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:09 pm

Before we can advise you need to elaborate further what are the douments or rather the points claimed in your form. but if you are sure of all you did also with little luck, you may win!!!!!! but then try call them and ask how far? afterall it's over the prescribed 13 weeks.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:10 pm

First of all, could you please refrain from typing in CAPS, it is considered offensive.

Do you have a HSMP reference number alloted to you? You could call up the HSMP team and make an enquiry about your application. IMHO you have waited too long as your application may have been decided back in Oct itself. Its strange that you did not get any other document from the HO, either an approval or rejection letter along with your original documents.

IFEOMA
Newly Registered

Post by IFEOMA » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:03 pm

sorry about the Caps.....
Well, i work in a bank and my employers gave me a well written reference. I have over 5 years graduate-level work experience and i enclosed my degree certificates. I had my first degree in Computer science and engineering. I also provided 12-months payslips from my office detailing my earnings as well as tax deductions.
Basically i aimed for 65points
Degree 15points
Minimum 5 years’ graduate level work experience 25points
Past earnings (income band 1) 25points
I also included my bank statements. i have tried calling and for more than a month, i couldnt get to talk extensively with any one
What should i do now?
:?:

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:13 pm

You will have to be more persistent in calling them up. Post the numbers you are calling at, and someone from the forum can confirm if you are indeed calling the right numbers.

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:30 am

Ifeoma,
Please clarify... did you receive your documents back without a decision letter or you have not received your documents back at all.

This will help in deciding what to advice you.
Also hsmp direct lines are tel 01142076020, fax 01142076021
My bow has been renewed

otun

Post by otun » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:01 am

What about your tax clearance?
did you check your income with ex.com?
Try call them and let's have their reply.

cheers

IFEOMA
Newly Registered

Post by IFEOMA » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:13 pm

Hello, the numbers that i have been calling are : 1142076020 and 1142074074...at a time i also tried 2078420800, 8705210224 and 1142743306. The few times that i was able to get through to 1142076020, i was told to call the other number i.e 1142074074 and vice versa...
secondly i didnt send my tax clearance because it hadnt been issued at the time but the application manual stated that 12 months payslips and a letter detailing my salary from my employers would be accepted as well.
Thirdly, they sent my original documents to an address that i had changed. In other words i havent received the documents but they confirmed delivering it via email. Is it possible that they would include the approval letter along with my documents?
I am already tracking the documents through a friend in the U.K cos presently i am out-of-the-country.

otun

Post by otun » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:20 pm

Well, I assure you that the HO are more interested in your tax clearance and payslip than any other doc. for earning (experience).

Moreso, they don't like "care of" address; I was told to supply my residential address in my country before they sent my decision letter. nevermind , keep the faith alive and try harder.
goodluck!

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:31 pm

From your response it seems you are yet to receive your documents.
Like mwazir said earlier, yuo have waited way too long to start searching for your documents.
I will advise you to call the number I pasted. you may have to hit redial as much as 20-30 times be4 it goes thru but it definitely will.
When it does
give them your reference no( if u ever received one)
your name and date of birth.
ask for the status of your application, you can ask for the decision as well.
then ask which address your documents were sent to.

Now if they confirm they sent it to an address in nigeria then its your perogative to come and look for your docs when you get back to the country. If you changed your residence along the line..you should have informed the Home office. if you dint then you are definitely on your own.

If it has been confirmed on the phone that your application was approved. then you can fax them a letter of complaint that you are yet to receive your docs since last year and they should reprint another letter of approval for you. they normally do this with the current date.

I think what should be important to you now isnt whether you submitted the right documents but for you to get back intact the ones you did submit.
We are talking about your original degree certificates here!!!!!!!!
My bow has been renewed