ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ACCA Student- Can I change college under Tier 4 Scheme

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khuram7592
Newly Registered

ACCA Student- Can I change college under Tier 4 Scheme

Post by khuram7592 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:29 pm

Dear All,

I am an ACCA student and just wonder if I can change college for the same course.

I came to UK in Feb 2009 and renewed my visa under Tier 4 scheme in July 2010. My visa expires in April 2011.

I want to join a different college in March 2011 but not sure what the procedure is. Do I have to apply for a fresh visa before I join the college or in April 11. Also how much should I have as maintenance fund in my bank account?

Best

Khurram

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:01 pm

Yes you have to apply for a fresh visa using a CAS from the new sponsor before you can enrol and begin studying with them.

I assume you didn't complete the course at the first college? Are you going to start the course from the beginning with the new college? If so then you have to meet the higher maintenance requirement (up to 9 months x the relevent monthly amount depending on where you are studying),