ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Get passport attested before posting it (in-country visa)???

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ateer

Get passport attested before posting it (in-country visa)???

Post by ateer » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:45 am

Hi,

I am in the process of extending my visa and as there is no way I can get a PEO appointments unless I seek help of a solicitor, I am considering posting my documents to the home office. My questions :

1) Do I need to get my passport attested by some legal authority before I post it? If yes, can I use it if I need to leave the country in urgency for a day? What are the benefits?

2) What are the work arounds if someone did have to leave the country in urgency when their passport was with home office?

Thanks in advance!

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:48 am

1) No Advantages at all.

2) None at all, not that I know off!!

ateer

Post by ateer » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:57 am

Thank you very much for quick clarification.

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:34 am

ateer wrote:Thank you very much for quick clarification.
u r welcome!

goldfish
Member of Standing

Re: Get passport attested before posting it (in-country visa

Post by goldfish » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:33 am

ateer wrote:2) What are the work arounds if someone did have to leave the country in urgency when their passport was with home office?
Some countries allow citizens to have a concurrent passport (ie, two passports at the same time) if there are special circumstances. Your embassy could tell you if you can do this and the evidence required.

tall_funky
BANNED

Re: Get passport attested before posting it (in-country visa

Post by tall_funky » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:56 pm

goldfish wrote:
ateer wrote:2) What are the work arounds if someone did have to leave the country in urgency when their passport was with home office?
Some countries allow citizens to have a concurrent passport (ie, two passports at the same time) if there are special circumstances. Your embassy could tell you if you can do this and the evidence required.
That's interesting but i'm wondering for what purpose?