ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set(O) Success-Sheffield PEO-17 Feb 2011-Tier 1+ Wife

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukmigrant2011

Set(O) Success-Sheffield PEO-17 Feb 2011-Tier 1+ Wife

Post by ukmigrant2011 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:48 pm

Dear All, I would like to thank this forum and all the members for their advice and support.

My application is for myself(main applicant) on Tier 1 + Work Permit and my wife(dependant).

Our appointment was for 10 AM. We reached around 9.30 am at the office. There are very few people. We had our security check and the officer advised us to go to the Reception Counter before taking seat. The lady at the recetpion gave us a token number and asked us to wait till someone call us. After 5 mins, we were called. The person asked us to give the application form, passport, photos etc. He has asked when the Photographs were taken, and whether the main applicant completed 5 years or not. After he verified the photos and asked us to submit all the documents whatever we want to submit. He has put all the documents in a cover and asked us to go to the payment desk and pay the fee.

** At this stage there is no check of the documents etc. He just asked us to submit whatever documents we want. I heard someone to my next desk asking whether he need to submit a specific document and the officer was saying everything is in the guidance and you submit whatever you want. The reason I was mentioning this is becuase I was in an impression the officers will ask all necessary documents one by one. But it is not the case. They are asking us to put the documents whatever we want in the cover they provided. ***

I have submitted the following documents:
1. Passports of myself and my wife , Photographs
2. Life in UK Pass Certificates
Marriage Certificate
3. Application form
4. Latest 4 months Pay Slips
5. Latest 4 months bank statements
6. Employer Letter
7. Previous Work Permits and 5 year P-60s
and all the photostats of above.
We made payment through card and at the payment desk the lady to the cover with all the documents and told us to wait till our token number is called. By the time we finished payment, it was around 10:10 AM.
** We were thinking that some one was working on our case.***

But after 40 mins of waiting we were called to a counter and a lady came to the counter and told us that she will deal with our case today and told us that it may take around 45 mins and she may call us if she needs any information. So this is the time our case is started ( 10:50). We were waiting again.
She came back with in 30 mins and said that she went through all the documents and she is happy to give ILR for both of us and gave back all the original documents and said we would get our passport in 15 mins. With in 10 mins we were called again and our passports were stamped with ILR. This is the time we were waiting for and we were very much relieved and we were out in 5 mins.

Few things I thought to mention and I hope these will be useful to the people who are applying.

1. My wife entered UK as Work Permit dependant and later shifted to Tier 1 dependant along with me. She has completed 2 years in UK but she was out of for UK for around 8 months with in the 2 years. But this did not cause any problem.
2. I was away from UK for 208 days as a whole with a maximum of 74 days in single strech. Most of these were Annual Leaves but around 94 days are unpaid leaves due to my job shift. To support these, I have submitted my job offer letter along with the application form, but I don't think case worker looked at these. I was very much worried on this, but luckily it went OK.

All the best... and please feel to free to ask any queries if you have ..

Thanks

eager2learn

Re: Set(O) Success-Sheffield PEO-17 Feb 2011-Tier 1+ Wife

Post by eager2learn » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:11 pm

ukmigrant2011 wrote:Dear All, I would like to thank this forum and all the members for their advice and support.

My application is for myself(main applicant) on Tier 1 + Work Permit and my wife(dependant).

Our appointment was for 10 AM. We reached around 9.30 am at the office. There are very few people. We had our security check and the officer advised us to go to the Reception Counter before taking seat. The lady at the recetpion gave us a token number and asked us to wait till someone call us. After 5 mins, we were called. The person asked us to give the application form, passport, photos etc. He has asked when the Photographs were taken, and whether the main applicant completed 5 years or not. After he verified the photos and asked us to submit all the documents whatever we want to submit. He has put all the documents in a cover and asked us to go to the payment desk and pay the fee.

** At this stage there is no check of the documents etc. He just asked us to submit whatever documents we want. I heard someone to my next desk asking whether he need to submit a specific document and the officer was saying everything is in the guidance and you submit whatever you want. The reason I was mentioning this is becuase I was in an impression the officers will ask all necessary documents one by one. But it is not the case. They are asking us to put the documents whatever we want in the cover they provided. ***

I have submitted the following documents:
1. Passports of myself and my wife , Photographs
2. Life in UK Pass Certificates
Marriage Certificate
3. Application form
4. Latest 4 months Pay Slips
5. Latest 4 months bank statements
6. Employer Letter
7. Previous Work Permits and 5 year P-60s
and all the photostats of above.
We made payment through card and at the payment desk the lady to the cover with all the documents and told us to wait till our token number is called. By the time we finished payment, it was around 10:10 AM.
** We were thinking that some one was working on our case.***

But after 40 mins of waiting we were called to a counter and a lady came to the counter and told us that she will deal with our case today and told us that it may take around 45 mins and she may call us if she needs any information. So this is the time our case is started ( 10:50). We were waiting again.
She came back with in 30 mins and said that she went through all the documents and she is happy to give ILR for both of us and gave back all the original documents and said we would get our passport in 15 mins. With in 10 mins we were called again and our passports were stamped with ILR. This is the time we were waiting for and we were very much relieved and we were out in 5 mins.

Few things I thought to mention and I hope these will be useful to the people who are applying.

1. My wife entered UK as Work Permit dependant and later shifted to Tier 1 dependant along with me. She has completed 2 years in UK but she was out of for UK for around 8 months with in the 2 years. But this did not cause any problem.
2. I was away from UK for 208 days as a whole with a maximum of 74 days in single strech. Most of these were Annual Leaves but around 94 days are unpaid leaves due to my job shift. To support these, I have submitted my job offer letter along with the application form, but I don't think case worker looked at these. I was very much worried on this, but luckily it went OK.

All the best... and please feel to free to ask any queries if you have ..

Thanks
So you were on WP and converted to tier 1 ?

one other question, I will applying in March, how can I have p60 for last 11 months?

ukmigrant2011

Post by ukmigrant2011 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:18 pm

I am not sure whether you can get P-60 for the last 11 months. As per my understanding the P-60s will be from 06-Apr-XX to 05-Apr-XX; ex: 06-Apr-2009 to 05-Apr-2010.

From Apr-2010, I have taken the Pay slips till now, though I was not asked to submit them.

sherkhan297

Post by sherkhan297 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:58 pm

Thanks for the post..really informative..
Just wanted to know..did you take a letter stating all your absences? and was that required/checked?

I am due to apply in Jul 2011 but have had exactly 180 days out which includes 105 days in one stretch due to work but I might not get the letter from the employer..
Also my wifes case is the same.. joined me on as a tier 2 dependent in jul 2009 (I was on WP) and will complete 2 years in jul 2011 ..so her case should be ok..was just concerned about my absence days..

ukmigrant2011

Post by ukmigrant2011 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:51 pm

sherkhan297 wrote:Thanks for the post..really informative..
Just wanted to know..did you take a letter stating all your absences? and was that required/checked?

I am due to apply in Jul 2011 but have had exactly 180 days out which includes 105 days in one stretch due to work but I might not get the letter from the employer..
Also my wifes case is the same.. joined me on as a tier 2 dependent in jul 2009 (I was on WP) and will complete 2 years in jul 2011 ..so her case should be ok..was just concerned about my absence days..
Hi , I took a letter from my current employer that covers for 24 days Annual Leave. For remaining days i couldn't get letter from my previous employer. I have couple of previous pay-slips that cover for 40 days, so I have added them. I am not sure whether the Case Worker looked at them or not as they took all the documents and came out with result. Hope this helps..