ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding British citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

whiterose
Newly Registered

Regarding British citizenship

Post by whiterose » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:53 pm

Hi guys,

My husband and I are currently on ILR and want to apply for British citizenship next year. Wondering if there is any limit to the number of days we are allowed to stay away from UK if we apply for citizenship.

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:57 pm

Residential requirements
To demonstrate the residential requirements for naturalisation, you must have:
been resident in the UK for at least five years (this is known as the residential qualifying period); and
been present in the UK five years before the date of your application; and
not spent more than 450 days outside the UK during the five-year period; and
not spent more than 90 days outside the UK in the last 12 months of the five-year period; and
not been in breach of the Immigration Rules at any stage during the five-year period.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:31 pm

whiterose wrote:Hi guys,

My husband and I are currently on ILR and want to apply for British citizenship next year. Wondering if there is any limit to the number of days we are allowed to stay away from UK if we apply for citizenship.
Depending on which route each/either of you will take to naturalise as British citizens, see standard requirements for naturalisation and requirements for spouse and civil partners of British citizens.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Mon May 23, 2011 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.