ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Letter - is it neccessary?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

studentintheuk
Newly Registered

Immigration Letter - is it neccessary?

Post by studentintheuk » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:15 am

Hi all

I am studying accountancy in a private college in UK and have a student visa valid till dec 2012. My college tells me that as per new rules if i want to leave UK and return I can do so only on specific periods called Off Period time which is basically the time the college is closed for holidays and if I want to leave the country and return I need to carry a letter called Immigration letter with me along with my visa and this letter will state I am a student of this college and had left and returned to UK on dates mentioned in the letter. By default its issued only during holidays but if the visit has to be made during the time the college is functioning then I need to request the college to allow me to go during this period and its left to their discretion to issue this letter.

Have any of you being issued immigration letters by your college and used it to re enter the country? Is it absolutely neccessary or can i take a risk and re enter without it?

supermannum1
Newly Registered

Post by supermannum1 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:46 pm

the best advice is "Do not go"