ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

economically active ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

musthyala
Newly Registered

economically active ?

Post by musthyala » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:26 am

I am on HSMP visa from Sept.2006. will be eligible for ILR in Sept. 2011.
I am currently in a permanent job but due to some personal reasons I want to resign my job in May 2011. I plan to be in India in June 2011 and then come back to Uk in july and take up a locum job( agency ) and is well paid. I plan to apply for ILR end of August.
Will this effect my application . I have enough funds in my bank.
I also own a property and am planning to sell it. Should I hold onto the property until I apply for ILR.

xyz123

Re: economically active ?

Post by xyz123 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:50 pm

musthyala wrote:I am on HSMP visa from Sept.2006. will be eligible for ILR in Sept. 2011.
I am currently in a permanent job but due to some personal reasons I want to resign my job in May 2011. I plan to be in India in June 2011 and then come back to Uk in july and take up a locum job( agency ) and is well paid. I plan to apply for ILR end of August.
Will this effect my application . I have enough funds in my bank.
I also own a property and am planning to sell it. Should I hold onto the property until I apply for ILR.
there is no strict definition of economically active. so its down to case worker's descretion. having lot of savings is not evidence of ecomonically active.

if you want to be sure than stay in your job till september and then change jobs.

bani

Post by bani » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:34 pm

As long as you are employed (and meet the residency requirements), because you are covered by HSMP Judicial Review it doesn't matter what kind of job it is or how little you earn, you will be eligible for ILR. However, it makes your case more straightforward if you are permanently employed and continuously employed. If you can get 3 payslips on your new job before you apply for ILR, that will be much better for you. It means your ILR will be approved same day rather than risk them questioning whether your locum placement is a stable job and have to consult with a supervisor (and hold on to your application for a week or more). They will still approve it, and maybe they will approve it quickly, but you are risking a hassle.

Having a job is important for ILR application. Savings account helps. But the property isn't important at all for ILR so you can sell it at whatever time.

Good luck.

masoodrab
Newly Registered

Post by masoodrab » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:02 pm

Hi guys, I dont want to spoil your discussion about economic activity but just to make u aware that on this forum people are discussing about new rules from april this year, regarding point base system to qualify for ILR as well and no one is very clear whether it would be aplicable to people covered by JR. So be patient to take any decision about changing circumstances. Regards and good luck.

sunny1407

Post by sunny1407 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:37 pm

masoodrab wrote:Hi guys, I dont want to spoil your discussion about economic activity but just to make u aware that on this forum people are discussing about new rules from april this year, regarding point base system to qualify for ILR as well and no one is very clear whether it would be aplicable to people covered by JR. So be patient to take any decision about changing circumstances. Regards and good luck.
even if the new rules apply then the last extension JR applicants had, no points/salary requirements were needed so in theory the ILR should be granted even with the new rules
fingers crossed

masoodrab
Newly Registered

Post by masoodrab » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:46 am

Hi Sunny, I understand what u mean and hope that home office will stick to rules this time. Good luck.