ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In Country WP approval letter - Visa(FLR) from outside UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fardeens

In Country WP approval letter - Visa(FLR) from outside UK

Post by fardeens » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:35 pm

Hi All, it wasn't a good news after all. I called the work permit, to ask them, if the letter was all that required for my application in India for a visa. They said NO, this was an in-country application and it’s an in country approval letter. For applying outside country I will need an out of country application and out of country work permit. I am not sure what this involves now. Is there any one who has got a visa out of country on the basis of in country approval letter? If we re-apply is it possible the decision might change, as they had approved exceptionally in the first instance.

Looking forward to your replies.

p.s. I am sorry to have started a new thread, but the title of previous wasn't right and I was not getting any replies
Last edited by fardeens on Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fardeens

Post by fardeens » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:10 am

Any help would be highly appreciated

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:14 am

Why did you get an in-country WP approval if you are not in the country? The company that applied for the permit on your behalf needs to re-apply properly.

fardeens

Post by fardeens » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:20 am

I am in country. I am currently on a student dependent visa and have been in this country since 2003. Have been working for this employer since 2004.

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:35 am

If you are in country then why are you applying for entry clearance from India? Doesn't make sense....
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:43 am

Then all you have to do is apply for FLR in country on the basis of your work permit. You are making this WAY more complicated than you need to.

fardeens

Post by fardeens » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:00 pm

I have been told that I cannot switch in WP from student dependent from within UK.

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:12 pm

Then you will have to leave the country, the company will have to apply for an out-of-country work permit, and once it is approved, you will have to apply with that approval letter for entry clearance.

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:48 pm

why not wait for the moderators to comment or check up the working inthe uk site for the switching rules. I know people change from student to WP... i wonder why not from student dependant!
My bow has been renewed

urakaim
Newly Registered

Is anybody considering responding to this query

Post by urakaim » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:24 am

I would add few other question but first a little back ground:

I am in the UK as a stdent dependent and working fulltime as a science teacher teaching UK Natinal Curriculum in a maintained school. My employer is willing to apply for a work permit for me under the Overseas Trained Teacher Scheme. Now queries:

(1) Is it realy necessary for me (a visa national) to leave the UK while my employer apply for the work permit and remain outside the UK during the pendency of this process and untill I have got fresh entry clearance as a work permit holder or I can remain in the UK and continue working while the work permit application is in-process.

(2) When filling the Work Permit Application Fom WP1 and answering Section 7, items 37 to 40, will I reported as in-country applicant or not in the UK. I am sure that If I am reported as in-country person, the Work Permit UK will issue the work permit but Immigration would not allow to switch status from within the UK. Should these facts then be mentioned in answering to the said items and explained that this I return to the country of origin and seek fresh Entry Clearance as work permit holder i.e, will switch status in the coutry of origin.

thanks/regards

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:29 pm

I think you should learn from fardeep.
Apply as an out of country applicant but you can still be working while this is been processed.
You can then go back home to apply for EC, since it seems switching under student dependent is a dicey situation.
My bow has been renewed

urakaim
Newly Registered

Post by urakaim » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:14 am

Thank you very much for a quick reply. would you please confirm my understanding. That:

I can stay in UK while my employer apply for the Work Permit.
And in the Work Permit application form, I would be presented as an out-of-country applicant.

Thnx/regards