ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Internship

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ulibamar
Newly Registered

Internship

Post by Ulibamar » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:08 pm

I'm Brazilian and I'm currently studying Tourism and Hospitality in Vienna (with a student Visa) and is mandatory to make a 4 to 6 months internship for my course. I applied to an open position in an Hotel in London and after been told that I was accepted and that I should find a place to stay in London and await further contact in the next few days, I got this e-mail:

"You will need to be sponsored in order to gain a Visa to work temporarily in the UK. Unfortunately, until you are in receipt of the Visa we will be unable to offer you an Internship here at our Hotel. However, we will be more than happy to discuss an internship with you again once you have applied and received your Visa."

ok then my questions:

How do I find some one to sponsor me? The Hotel said that they can't do this.
How long takes this whole process of getting an sponsorship and receiving the work permit?

How do I can make this visa work I really need to do this internship in order to finish my course, please help me.

Thank you very much

Best Regards

jason23

Post by jason23 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:28 am

Unfortunately, the company/ hotel sponsoring you to work will have to apply for your visa. The process ususally takes 4-6 weeks at the minimum. It would probably be best to look for an internship in a country where you are eligible to work.