ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) Success at Croydon -ILR DOne!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

unileeds

SET(O) Success at Croydon -ILR DOne!!

Post by unileeds » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:07 pm

Many thanks to everyone here for the help. It feels great that there are no more hoops to jump through.
My case is as follows.
WP->HSMP->Tier1

Appointment was at 3:30pm.
Parking is right opposite at the NCP Whitgift Parking. Two minute walk.
Got there at 3, security and Payment finished at 15:19hrs. The place for payment only QUALIFY your application and don't check your documents. They make sure you are eligbile (ie not applying before 28 days) have the test pass certificate (Life Uk) and pay your cash.

Went up to the waiting at 1st floor. There were only 4 case workers calling the Non biometric ILR application and from the boards my number was the last of the queue. SO looked like I was gonna be the last one of the day. I was expecting to wait 40 mins, but ended up being called at 5:15pm. The LAST person (of any category) there. They were having IT issues and were running 1 hr late. It was a belssing in disguise really.

I took the entire set of documents with me.
They asked for only the following.
1. Photos + form
2. P60s and in my case a P45 as I changed employers. She asked me how many employers I had had since entry. 5xP60s+1xP45
3. Three months salary slips.
4. Life in the Uk test certificate
5, Current employer letter.
6. Passport

That was it. I had taken a photocopy of everything from above, and this REALLY REALLY reduces the time you spend there. Even the passport I had three books I copied every page that had a stamp or visa or any text.

She looked at my list of absences. the form never asks you to mention total days. She simply asked me have you been out for more than 90 days in one stretch? I said NO. Maximum is 47 days. (My total days out were 229 not including days of travel, I did not mention this or was not asked for this. Most were paidn annual leave or business only 47 days were travelling unpaid). Even in my spread sheet print out that I added to the form, I did not list total days. If not asked, no point saying it.
She took everything. told me to wait. Called me in 5 mins, and said its been approved. Wait for 5 mins, you are the last one, they are sticking the visa now. I was out of the place at 17:35. 20 mins from being called to the window. Looks like everyone was keen to leave for the day

I would say the most helpful thing was the photocopies. I took my bank statements and she said she would use my P60 and salary slips and statements were not needed.

However, there was another lady in another window (while i originally waited I was very observant), she was actually ticking off the list of absences in the form by checking the stamps in the passport. This un nerved me a bit as I did not put the day strips I did to france on the ferry as I had left and returned the same day, but I had like 16-20 ferry stamops!! I think she did it because this guy was a contracter and did not have all the documents. She spent about 50 mins on deciding his case. She approved him as well.

Other than that a positive experience. a few more things.
1. There is a phot machine there, and there is a shopping mall (the parking leads to it) where you can get photos taken, but dont count on it. These machines have a tendency of being out of order.
2. There is a coffee shop and vending machines if you want to drink and eat as well.

Hope the above has been helpful!! any questions fire away!!

rajathwp

Post by rajathwp » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:26 pm

Hearty Congrats ... Appreciated as information provided by you is quite useful ..

Cheers

unileeds

Post by unileeds » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:11 pm

rajathwp wrote:Hearty Congrats ... Appreciated as information provided by you is quite useful ..

Cheers
No worries good luck!!

Cosmos

Post by Cosmos » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:49 pm

Hi, Congrats !
Could I ask you about the payment type you used and if you have any trouble? as I have heard of cases that payment with cards sometimes get unapproved by the bank because of the amount, etc.
Thanks in advance

BR

C

salina02

Post by salina02 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:30 pm

Hi Unileeds,

Congrats on your ILR.
Can you please forward the spreadsheet for absences, if you dont mind.
I forwarded you my mail ID through private message.

Kind Regards
Salina02

Karloss12
Newly Registered

Post by Karloss12 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:41 pm

Congrats,

In Section 9L of the application form it says to supply documents showing you met the relevant requirement for your Tier 1 application years earlier.

It doesn't sound like you were asked for any. Did you atleast take anything with you?