ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 4 student visa -please help

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ak85
Newly Registered

tier 4 student visa -please help

Post by ak85 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:38 pm

hi i am wondering if anyone can give me some advice, i have arrived in the uk just 2 weeks ago.. i need to enrol in 2 weeks time.. at my ciollege who has sponsrd me..

my mother in pakistan has fallen ill and is in hospital now i want to go back, if i go back what would happen to my current visa - what will the home office say...will be able to come back on the same visa..

can i not travel as i have a14 months visa??
please help.. I AM VERY CONFUSED AND VERY WORRIED ABOUT MY MOTHER...PLEASE CAN SOMEONE ADVISE ME...WHAT I CAN DO...

i cant just ignore my mum...

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:09 pm

In my opinion your mother is more important than your studies. Contact your college and explain what has happened. they may permit you to miss some classes or allow you to intermit or defer your start date.

Return home and see how things go from there. If you are going to miss too many classes to catch up then the college should allow you either defer your place to the next academic year or until an earlier date when you can start with another module. It all depends on your course and how the college runs it.

If you are not going to be able to return for a while then the college and you will need to tell the UKBA what has happened and they will probably curtail your visa, meaning you'll need to apply for it again to come back.

If you are just going to be going for a few weeks and the college are happy for you to start a bit later then your current visa should be fine although again the college might need to inform UKBA of your later start date.

andsyl
Newly Registered

Re: tier 4 student visa -please help

Post by andsyl » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:55 am

ak85 wrote:hi i am wondering if anyone can give me some advice, i have arrived in the uk just 2 weeks ago.. i need to enrol in 2 weeks time.. at my ciollege who has sponsrd me..

my mother in pakistan has fallen ill and is in hospital now i want to go back, if i go back what would happen to my current visa - what will the home office say...will be able to come back on the same visa..

please help.. I AM VERY CONFUSED AND VERY WORRIED ABOUT MY MOTHER...PLEASE CAN SOMEONE ADVISE ME...WHAT I CAN DO...

On what basis did get the visa to come to the UK. If on student visa, how did you get a visa without enrollment.

Did you get a CAS letter from your college? If yes this should specifies the start and end date of your courses. In this case, I think you should contact your college and get a letter from them authorizing you to travel abroad. The letter should provide the "exceptional" circumstances and the duration of of your absence from school. This will important at the entrance if you were to come back on the same visa.

Good luck

ak85
Newly Registered

Re: tier 4 student visa -please help

Post by ak85 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:00 pm

andsyl wrote:
ak85 wrote:hi i am wondering if anyone can give me some advice, i have arrived in the uk just 2 weeks ago.. i need to enrol in 2 weeks time.. at my ciollege who has sponsrd me..

On what basis did get the visa to come to the UK. If on student visa, how did you get a visa without enrollment.

Did you get a CAS letter from your college? If yes this should specifies the start and end date of your courses. In this case, I think you should contact your college and get a letter from them authorizing you to travel abroad. The letter should provide the "exceptional" circumstances and the duration of of your absence from school. This will important at the entrance if you were to come back on the same visa.

Good luck

i arrived 2 weeks ago... my enrollment date is the 28th... so im confused..do i go back without enrolling

i just shocked and confused....

how do i applu for commpassionate leave...are students eligible for these....

how long could i go for..

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:06 pm

Please read my post above. Speak to your college. It all depends on your course and the college and how long you will need to be away.

ak85
Newly Registered

mums ill tier 4

Post by ak85 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:11 pm

i am going to talk to the college tomorrw. do i qualify for a travel document -allowing me to visit my mum and returning on the same visa... i though it was only refugees etc...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:57 am

you don't need a travel document as you have a passport and a valid visa inside it.

Follow what Greenie has suggested.

regards