ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

should I ask for urgent request on an appeal

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

frustrated01
Newly Registered

should I ask for urgent request on an appeal

Post by frustrated01 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:42 am

My working visa expires on the 25 March and my HSMP application has been rejected twice, first for a missing date on a reference letter and secondly as they did not agree that one of my positions was of graduate level.
I am currently appealing the second decision but my appeal has only been in for about a week. An agent is handling this for me. They have suggested that we put in an urgent request this week to speed it up? any feedback on whether this is a good idea? Or should I apply for a FLR and wait for the decision.

If my appeal is rejected, I will submit a new application with my wages included (not included prior) but if it is after the 25th I understand that I have to leave the country to submit the application? Or if I submit it prior to my FLR being rejected can I stay in the country?

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:47 am

Can you not get another work permit to replace the expiring one? I would guess that your chances for a successful appeal to a twice-rejected HSMP application are pretty slim.

In any case, my understanding is that as long as your application is being processed you do not have to leave the country. Whether or not you can work, well, I don't know.

frustrated01
Newly Registered

Post by frustrated01 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:48 am

apologies, my working holiday visa is expiring.

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:07 pm

Still, could your employer not apply for a work permit on your behalf. My company has recently done so for a working holidaymaker. However, you may have waited too late to be able to do this in-country.

frustrated01
Newly Registered

Post by frustrated01 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:54 pm

I am currently on a one year contract at my firm expiring end of July - so if I want to stay past then I really need the HSMP.