ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Docs req to enter UK on TIER1 for 3rd time with Job offer?

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smarty1277

Docs req to enter UK on TIER1 for 3rd time with Job offer?

Post by smarty1277 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:52 pm

Hi Friends,

I have a query.

I got my TIER1 General in March 2010 and after that I went to UK for 15 days in March 2010 itself. Then came back to India and went to US. In September Last year I again went to London and as my connecting flight to US was after 9 Hours so I told Immigration Officer that I have 6 hrs to spend so want to go out to meet my friends and for shopping and she granted. I reached Airport on time and left for US.

Now the thing is I came back to India last month and gave Interview for one of the company in UK and got job. I have to join on 28th of Feb 2011. I have the offer letter with and the Airfare and all is paid by the company. Please let me know whether it is necessary to carry all the documents with me which I have carried when I went to UK for the first time on Tier 1 because at that time I have taken the Chest X-Ray and all. Please help me in trying to figure out what all documents are required this time.

In September 2010 I haven't shown any document. She just asked that you have Tier1 and you want to enter UK just for 6 hrs then I told her that I have connecting flight for US and want to meet my friends and do some shopping. Please help. Thanks

Regards,
Shanky
"When you rise up, your friends know who you are!!! When you fall down, you know who your friends are!!! "

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:16 pm

Just to be on the safe side, you might as well carry all documents than end up being asked a 100 questions and spoil your entry to a new life in the UK.

As you have the job offer plus paid airfare, it should be relatively straight forward. Carry a copy of the offer letter, any official comms between you and the company, a contact number from the company to be safe and carry your XRay, information on where you plan to stay and educational certificates - best to have them with you always.

To repeat - more is better than less as it avoids any unnecessary complication which Im sure you really dont want when you arrive.

All the best
KP