ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO application - Grilling

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

usual_suspect
Newly Registered

PEO application - Grilling

Post by usual_suspect » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:36 am

Hi,

I applied for a T1-G visa at a PEO office on the 3rd of Feb. However, upon grilling me for 45 minutes the case worker did not make a decision on the same day and wouldn't give me a time frame either.

The thread with all the timelines are usually for applications through post, so im just wondering roughly when should I be expecting to get a decision from them.

PLUS - They have NOT made any contact with my clients yet.

Any thoughts? Please write them down!

Thanks
Q

sanjeev.x.kumar

Post by sanjeev.x.kumar » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:01 pm

It takes minimum 3 weeks from the date you attended your PEO appointment. Since you attended the appointment on 3rd Feb, you can expect a decision any time within next week.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:53 pm

If the caseworker has deferred a decision on your application pending further verifiaction(s), then the decision will not be known until UKBA completes their investigations / verifications.

So, when you may expect a decision may rest entirely on when they complete any verification that they intend to undertake. Can be within 1 week or can be 6 months, only UKBA can answer - when?

regards

usual_suspect
Newly Registered

Post by usual_suspect » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:30 pm

Thank you both of you for your replies.

It was indeed held back "pending further inquiries" but as stated earlier they haven't made any attempts to contact any of my client or accountant.

So, I guess it may take longer than 3-4 weeks.

I will certainly updated this topic as soon as I hear anything.

Regards
Q

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:25 pm

Patience is the virtue in yours as well as any other case connected to UKBA :) Once your application has been deferred, it is more or less gets treated as every other postal application. So stay calm and have faith, if your app is legit, you need not bother. Ta x
usual_suspect wrote:Thank you both of you for your replies.

It was indeed held back "pending further inquiries" but as stated earlier they haven't made any attempts to contact any of my client or accountant.

So, I guess it may take longer than 3-4 weeks.

I will certainly updated this topic as soon as I hear anything.

Regards
Q
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

usual_suspect
Newly Registered

Post by usual_suspect » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:48 pm

NOTHING YET.....GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

prisi
Newly Registered

same as mine

Post by prisi » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:00 am

hey..mine was a similar case.
I had my PEO on 19th Jan and after grilling for 4 hours, the case worker said my case decision cannot be taken same day and will need further investigations.

Till date i have not received any communication from UKBA homeoffice, nor my passport and other documents back... already 5 weeks completed for me and i still have no clue about my application.

usual_suspect
Newly Registered

Post by usual_suspect » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:07 am

from my count it seems that its currently the 6th week for your application. 4th for me.

Although from your other post it would seem like your case is a bit more complicated due to foreign earnings.

I tried calling UKBA the other day and they told me straight away that they dont get any info on my application until atleast 14 weeks. Is that true? Is there any way I/anyone can find out which stage is the application currently at?

Also, what if I would like to withdraw my application? how many days would it THEN take for them to send my passport/docs back? also what if i call to withdraw my application and by that time the decision has been made, will they withdraw the visa?

Also how many days will I be given to leave the county? I heard they will only hand in my passport at the airport, when im leaving?

Please can someone elaborate on withdrawing an application, my current leave has already expired.

Please help...Thanks

usual_suspect
Newly Registered

Post by usual_suspect » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:25 am

Anyone please? on the queries above? or point me to the right direction?

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:54 am

When seeking help for free, please be patient. People will respond if and when they wish to!
usual_suspect wrote:I tried calling UKBA the other day and they told me straight away that they dont get any info on my application until atleast 14 weeks. Is that true?
Yes, and they may not provide a status update even after 14 weeks.
usual_suspect wrote:Is there any way I/anyone can find out which stage is the application currently at?
No.
usual_suspect wrote:Also, what if I would like to withdraw my application? how many days would it THEN take for them to send my passport/docs back?
Only UKBA can answer that question for sure but take 10+ working days at minimum (operating at their best efficiency).
usual_suspect wrote:also what if i call to withdraw my application and by that time the decision has been made, will they withdraw the visa?
Request for a withdrawal of application after a decision is made has no effect as there is no "application" (yet) to be decided.
usual_suspect wrote:Also how many days will I be given to leave the county?
If you stay in the UK for more than 28 days from the effective date of withdrawal (see section 4 of this document for effective date), any entry clearance application(s) in the future may be subject to conditions specified in 320(7B) unless 320(7C) applies.
usual_suspect wrote:I heard they will only hand in my passport at the airport, when im leaving?
They will not retain your passport unless they wish to initiate removal proceedings against you. If you made an in-time valid application then you are covered by section 3c leave and not yet in breach of immigration conditions, so no reason for any removal proceedings! The passport should be returned to you, if requested.

regards

majun
Newly Registered

Post by majun » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:23 pm

@ usual_suspect & prisi

I have an in person appointment on March 2nd 2011 at croydon office. I am currently under Tier 1 PSW visa my leave expires this Dec 2011. Can you tell me about your application. I was thinking that the visas would be issued on the same day.

If by any chance my Tier 1 visa becomes unsuccessful will my Tier 1 PSW visa become invalid. Please help. As I have only three days to go for it.

adityaisukapalli
BANNED

Post by adityaisukapalli » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:08 pm

majun,

Most cases, they are giving same day result. Some times they are asking to come back laterday or few days after. We never know, some cases may take weeks.

Nothing will happen to your PSW if your Tier-1 General application is not successful.

I have submitted my application yesterday in Croydon. Switching from PSW. They said i need to come back at 4pm today. I donno what will be the situation untill 4pm today.

Anyway, all the best.

majun
Newly Registered

Post by majun » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:45 pm

Hi Aditiya,

Thanks for your reply. I wish you get your Tier 1 visa stamped. All the best. Do let me know what happens? Can you tell me what questions they generally ask during the appointment?

usual_suspect
Newly Registered

@ prisi

Post by usual_suspect » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:26 pm

@ prisi or anyone else in the same situation or have been through this situation.

Have you got anything yet?

sola123
Newly Registered

Post by sola123 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:38 pm

im in the same situation as well.i applied on feb1,2011 thru PEO in crydon but till nw i ve nt gotten any information abt it.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:13 pm

sola123 wrote:im in the same situation as well.i applied on feb1,2011 thru PEO in crydon but till nw i ve nt gotten any information abt it.
soal123, you have already been advised on the course of action. Please do not post the same question (time and again) in every topic relating to PEO application(s). If you have a further query, please continue discussion under one topic.

regards

usual_suspect
Newly Registered

Post by usual_suspect » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:50 am

sushdmehta, if i may, sola123 had only responded to my question as I was asking an update from people in the same situation as me, as opposed to bringing up any queries.

Regards

sola123
Newly Registered

Post by sola123 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:21 am

Thanks usual_suspect.thnks man.

majun
Newly Registered

Post by majun » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:05 pm

Hi Aditiya,

Thanks for your help. I had my appointment on 2nd March. They approved it the same day. I would day mine was a great experience. No questions from the case worker I just gave all the documents. The case worker was a very old man proper Brit very polite. He collected everything took a copy of it and gave back the originals to me. He then told me that it will take 1-1.15 mins to do the checks. He asked to me go out enjoy the sun and come back before 4. I submitted the application at 2.30 went out came back at 3.30. He called me and told things were fine and I would get the visa till 2013. He asked me to wait for sometime before he finished other formalities. He then gave me the approval letter at 4 and also apologized for making me wait for long..He was a man of manners I would say very nice person. It was all done. BRP would reach in 5-7 days. I am waiting for it. Thanks everyone !!!

workseeker
Newly Registered

Re: same as mine

Post by workseeker » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:35 pm

prisi wrote:hey..mine was a similar case.
I had my PEO on 19th Jan and after grilling for 4 hours, the case worker said my case decision cannot be taken same day and will need further investigations.

Till date i have not received any communication from UKBA homeoffice, nor my passport and other documents back... already 5 weeks completed for me and i still have no clue about my application.
What?? shocking grilling for 4hours?? thats really nightmare. What was the questions like? it would be very helpful if you can share the questions you were asked during interview.

Thanks

workseeker
Newly Registered

Post by workseeker » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:40 pm

majun wrote:Hi Aditiya,

Thanks for your help. I had my appointment on 2nd March. They approved it the same day. I would day mine was a great experience. No questions from the case worker I just gave all the documents. The case worker was a very old man proper Brit very polite. He collected everything took a copy of it and gave back the originals to me. He then told me that it will take 1-1.15 mins to do the checks. He asked to me go out enjoy the sun and come back before 4. I submitted the application at 2.30 went out came back at 3.30. He called me and told things were fine and I would get the visa till 2013. He asked me to wait for sometime before he finished other formalities. He then gave me the approval letter at 4 and also apologized for making me wait for long..He was a man of manners I would say very nice person. It was all done. BRP would reach in 5-7 days. I am waiting for it. Thanks everyone !!!
Hi Majun,

Just a few questions from your posting. It's really nice to deal with such a easy persons. In your posting you mentioned that, they need to do futher checks and it would take 1.5 hours to deal with. when you say checks, are they calling employers and banks to cross check?

Thanks

mukh

Post by mukh » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:54 pm

sola123 wrote:im in the same situation as well.i applied on feb1,2011 thru PEO in crydon but till nw i ve nt gotten any information abt it.
i have same situation. i appllied on 5th of january and still waiting. dont know how long they will take.

usual_suspect
Newly Registered

Post by usual_suspect » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:19 am

Hi,

I applied in person for a T1 G visa on 3rd Feb and application was taken for further inquiries. Its been 5 weeks now and no word from the HO.

I called them up and they told me it was still under process and gave me a fax number of the office should i wish to contact them.

What I want to ask is if its worth faxing them at all, as I have plans to travel in a few weeks time and may have to withdraw my application if they didn't respond etc.

I may be wrong but I have my reservations on their processes and think that they just keep our applications for a long time (if they cant find a reason to refuse it) hoping that the applicant will withdraw it themselves.

Should I fax?

Thanks

usual_suspect
Newly Registered

update

Post by usual_suspect » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:57 am

Sent them a reminding letter. Will update this topic if I get any response.

prisi
Newly Registered

same situation for me too.

Post by prisi » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:43 pm

Even i applied as PEO on Croydon office on 19th Jan and still no response.!!