ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal approved, email sent to submit passport...no medical?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smaster
Newly Registered

Appeal approved, email sent to submit passport...no medical?

Post by smaster » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:17 pm

Hi everyone, im new to this.
Basically i got an appeal hearing towards 3rd week of January in the UK, which was allowed/passed.
Now i got a call from Dehli's British High Commision requesting my wife to submit her passport for it to get a visa on the same day. I got a confirmation email too.
This is great news, but doesn't my wife need a medical ? will she be refused at the airport due to not having a medical ? and will she get a visa for 2 years ?
The initial application was for a settlement visa.
Many Thanks

Jattboi

appeal allowed

Post by Jattboi » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:28 am

there are no more medicals required from north india from what i have heard. when did you submitt you appeal??? im going through appeals process from New Delhi post. would like to know the time lines you went through.

smaster
Newly Registered

Post by smaster » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:04 pm

Hi Jattboi, as long as my wife does not get any questions about where is your medical, thats okay with me. I applied in march/april 2010, refused in july 2010, and appealed. I Got a reply in end of november i think and a court hearing date in January. the time waiting is alot but i recieved an okay confirmation letter within 2 weeks and call within a month of the court hearing. The call requested my wife to go to british high commission, delhi, counter number 16. and i got an email confirmation about 4 hours later from BHC. My wife has submitted passport in am and got it back after 3pm. They were not interested in medical. but not sure what airport will say.

Jattboi

appeal allowed

Post by Jattboi » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:39 am

You don't need medicals anymore from North India i am sure they have ceased them, any how if a medical is required and you have not obtained one they can only ask to produce one at a UK Port by immigration officer. Visas used to only be granted once medical was clear from list of panel doctors approved by the home office and BHC. So i would not worry about it, otherwise they would not of issued Entry Clearance. Congratulations.