ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR under consideration

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Katiepie
Newly Registered

ILR under consideration

Post by Katiepie » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:43 pm

Hi, I am new to this forum but would just like to hear if anyone has experienced what i am going through.

On the 4th Feb i applied in person at croydon for SET M ILR. I was told that i needed more cohabitation documents for my partner and I for 2009. I was told to send these documents to liverpool.

I havent heard anything from the home office regarding my application - is it still being treated as a premium application?

I am also really worried because i have a trip planned t go back to Australia on the 1st April. I have phoned, faxed, sent letters but nothing. I know i havent been waiting that long but its driving me insane.

Any advice would be great

eager2learn

Re: ILR under consideration

Post by eager2learn » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:50 pm

how many cohabitation doc u submitted and from which dates?

Katiepie
Newly Registered

Post by Katiepie » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:01 pm

I supplied 11 different documents these included:

P60's 2009 & 2010
Utility Bills for 2010
Individual letters addressed to the same address
2 x leases

He wasnt satisfied with 2009 because at this address our council tax and bills were included in the rent so besides the lease and P60's we didnt have any others.

When he said i had to send more documents i turned the place upside down and found letters from 2008 & 2009 - my partners parents also wrote a letter supporting our case because we lived with them for a couple of months when I first came to England.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:33 pm

Unfortuanately when a premium PEO application is deferred and not processed on the same day it doesn't receive any preference above postal applications. This realistically could take 12 weeks to process.
Last edited by Casa on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Katiepie
Newly Registered

Post by Katiepie » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:39 pm

Thats what im really afraid of, considering I have my trip planned to go to Australia to spend time with my 92 year old grandfather for a month, whose health isnt in the best state.

I have sent a letter to my MP who said she would look into it once I get information from my grandfathers doctor back in oz.

Will Home office then at least send me a confirmation letter to say that they have receieved my documents? I have tracked them on Royal Mail.

I also sent them a copy of my flight iteniary with a supprting letter to explain my situation.

Cant believe I paid all this money just to have it made into a postal application. :(

eager2learn

Post by eager2learn » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:30 pm

Katiepie wrote:I supplied 11 different documents these included:

P60's 2009 & 2010
Utility Bills for 2010
Individual letters addressed to the same address
2 x leases

He wasnt satisfied with 2009 because at this address our council tax and bills were included in the rent so besides the lease and P60's we didnt have any others.

When he said i had to send more documents i turned the place upside down and found letters from 2008 & 2009 - my partners parents also wrote a letter supporting our case because we lived with them for a couple of months when I first came to England.

11 different documents yet he wasnt satisfied?? i thought the threshold is 6 and they should be spread evenly. did he say how many you require for 2009?

Katiepie
Newly Registered

Post by Katiepie » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:41 pm

Yeah thats what i thought this is what he kept from my application:

My Australian passport
Bank statements from october 2010 - january 2011
2 x Tenancy agreements (1 from 2009 & 2010)
2 x NHS Medical Cards from 2010 and 1 from me for 2009
N Power bills from 2010
2 X P60's from 2009
My Life in the UK test pass letter

He didnt keep our 2009/2010 council tax payment book as it hadnt been used and my name was spelt wrong on the front but it was in both our names.

I then sent more cohabitation documents from 2009 and even travel documents from when we were living in Brisbane together from 2006-2008. The case worker told me to send these documents to:
Workflow
The Plaza
100 Old Hall Street
Liverpool

Does anyone know why this is?

This is so frustrating my parnter and I have been in a relationship for 7 years and have been living together in London for the past 2 years.