ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR -accommodation query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ksenia
Newly Registered

ILR -accommodation query

Post by Ksenia » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:30 pm

Hello all,

I am planning to apply for ILR in may'11 ( SET(o) excluding long residence). My accommodation is provided by work and is free of charge. I am worried that case worker can look at it as i am incapable to maintain myself and might refuse in stamping ILR. Even though i am ok with money (i've got a savings account + current account). Can anyone advise please if i am right to worry about it,or is not an issue?

Best regards,

xyz123

Re: ILR -accommodation query

Post by xyz123 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:13 am

Ksenia wrote:Hello all,

I am planning to apply for ILR in may'11 ( SET(o) excluding long residence). My accommodation is provided by work and is free of charge. I am worried that case worker can look at it as i am incapable to maintain myself and might refuse in stamping ILR. Even though i am ok with money (i've got a savings account + current account). Can anyone advise please if i am right to worry about it,or is not an issue?

Best regards,
it depends on rest of your earnings and savings. if you could demonstrate that even employer providing accomodation you can survive then there shouldnt be any problem at all.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:04 pm

if you can, arrange for a letter from the employer to certify that they are providing accommodation to you (and your dependants, if any) free of cost.

regards

Ksenia
Newly Registered

Post by Ksenia » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:04 pm

Thank you very much for your responses!
I will get GM (who is the owner of the business as well) to write me a letter that states that he provides me with accommodation free of cost. Do you think it will be worth mentioning that if i didn't live on-site my salary would be slightly higher, or is it unnecessary?

Kindest regards,
Ksenia